Red County is a large area situated just outside of Los Santos in the state of San Andreas which appears in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The county itself bears the centre of the map while consisting of four small towns: Palomino Creek, Montgomery, Blueberry, and Dillimore. Following these places, Red County also occupies nine areas. The appearance of the area mainly occupies vast plains of land, complimenting with various patches of lush forest. In contrast to the dangerous streets of Los Santos, Red County bears a surprising number of country folk. In addition to a horse betting parlor in Montgomery, there are also tractors, mowers, and country-style trucks to steal and drive in. There is also a police station in Red County, particularly in Dillimore. The population of Red County, in 1992, was 3,215, with the total population of the four towns being 35,103. All of the Safehouse properties available to own in the area occupy the exact same interior, possibly due to lack of disc space.
It is worth noting that like Los Santos, Red County is accessible from the beginning of the game and is by far the only part of the countryside the player can safely traverse through without running the risk of a 4-star wanted level.
- Blueberry (population: 2,318)
- Dillimore (population: 1,003)
- Montgomery (population: 3,120)
- Palomino Creek (population: 7,012)
- Blueberry Acres
- Fern Ridge
- Fisher's Lagoon
- Hampton Barns
- Hanky Panky Point
- Hilltop Farms
- Montgomery Intersection
- North Rock
- The Panopticon
Events in GTA San Andreas
Red County is partly dedicated to the Badlands story missions where Carl Johnson first enters Red County to meet Catalina, the cousin of Cesar Vialpando, and together the two rob various businesses across the county. The two are later split up and twice race against each other, along with others including Wu Zi Mu, with Carl winning both races.
- Carl Johnson (if bought the Dillimore Safehouse)
In Palomino Creek
- Carl Johnson (if bought the Palomino Creek Safehouse)
In Fern Ridge
- OG Loc
- According to a rife speculation, Loc probably settled here as a wanderer for the most part to cut all ties with gangs in Los Santos after he was discarded by his home gang, the Grove Street Families, and lost support from manager and drug baron Big Smoke, who was killed in a daring confrontation. The main reason he could have remained here is that it was impossible for him to cross boundaries and land up in
- Flint County, which would have been very confusing for him to live in, given the dense forestry and minor commercialization;
- San Fierro, which was too suburban for him to accommodate himself in after having lost all his money;
- Tierra Robada, Bayside and/or Bone County which were relatively arid areas for him to survive in, or
- Las Venturas, which was a complete daydream for him as it was a totally urbane land for him.
- Red County is closely based on Kern County, California, though Kern County is more chaparral in landscape. The name may have been derived from Orange County, California, though Orange County is far more suburban.
- Denise Robinson dislikes Red County.
- The default radio station in Red County is often K Rose.