|Full Name||Fredo Volpe|
|Date of Birth||1966|
|Place of Birth||Dukes, Liberty City|
|Family||Mark Volpe (brother)|
|Main Affiliations||Messina Family|
Fredo Volpe is a character in the HD Universe who is mentioned in Grand Theft Auto IV.
Fredo Volpe was born in Dukes, Liberty City in 1966. He and his older brother Mark later became a member of the Messina Family and both became capos. He was arrested in 1982 for accessory to murder, in 1983 for possessing of Jerpom, in both 1985 and 1986 for armed robbery, in 1993 for extortion, and in 1995 for grand larceny. In 1998 he was arrested by the Liberty City Police Department for seventh time (for possessing tranquilizers) and became a police informant when they informed him of a plot to castrate him from senior Messina Family members. He continued in the Family and, by 2008, had collected thousands of hours of wiretap evidence for the police, which the LCPD believes will be enough to arrest and convict 'the entire Messina Syndicate' when they begin arresting the mobsters.
Some members of the Family correctly suspect him as being a police informant with older brother Mark believed to have cut off the tongue of one mobster who suggested it. During the events of GTA Chinatown Wars, mobster Rudy D'Avanzo, a mobster whose gang association is unclear, sends Huang Lee to kill the man he suspects to be a police informant but incorrectly has Huang kill Jimmy Capra.
LCPD Database information
- First Name
- Place of Birth
- Dukes, Liberty City
- Messina Crime Family
- 1982 - Accessory to Murder
- 1983 - Possession Controlled Substance: Jerpom
- 1985 - Armed Robbery
- 1986 - Armed Robbery
- 1993 - Extortion
- 1995 - Grand Larceny
- 1998 - Possession Controlled Substance: Tranquilizers
- Police informant since 1998.
- Has collected thousands of hours of wiretap evidence. Should be enough to bring down the entire Messina Syndicate when arrests are made in the new years.
- Younger brother of Mark Anthony Volpe. Another Capo in the Messina family.
- Agreed to become an informant when evidence of plot by senior family members to castrate him was revealed.
- His actions are similar to that of Ralph Guarino, a former associate of the DeCavalcante crime family, who wore a wire and planted bugs to gather information, which was used to arrest forty-five members of the family, after being arrested for another crime (the Bank of America robbery). Both also became police informants in 1998.
- The name "Volpe" means "fox" in Italian, which is quite ironic with his sneaky actions (informing the police).