Events concerning the Grand Theft Auto series in 1982.
- January 28: Joe Curnutte, who voiced Lenny Avery and Dale O'Neil in Grand Theft Auto V, is born in Chicago, Illinois.
- February 8: Danny Tamberelli, who voiced Jimmy De Santa in GTA V, is born in Wyckoff, New Jersey.
- July 30: Krista Ayne, who voiced Juliet in GTA V, is born Staten Island, New York.
- The Cluckin' Bell is established.
- Barry Stark claims that he became a nudist while on holiday in Halle, Germany.
- Kent Paul's website claims that the Evacuator film was released in 1982 (although it is confirmed to have been released in 1984 in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories).
- Little Jacob is born in Jamaica.
- Lenny Petrovic is born in Liberty City.
- Night Hog is killed by a member of the Angels of Death. Even after taking two shotgun shells to the face, he was standing up and firing his sub-machine gun before he died.
- Sammy Bottino is arrested for hijacking.
- The feud between The Lost Brotherhood and the Angels of Death begins.
- Chihuahua Hotdogs is started.
- Tequi-La-La, then a mob run restaurant, is shut down over the 'Adam's apple in the soup' controversy.
- The Feud win the championship this year.