| This is the talk page for User:Chimpso. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
| Welcome to my talk page. This is a place to ask wiki and community related questions.
If anyone ignored a warning and continue vandalize and make disruptive edits again, you must keep block them from site. --Videogamer13 18:25, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
Gta-mystries and the Speeder
How come The page Speeder (car) has been blockes from creation by gta-mystries but blade and tug have been split?
Need help (repeat)
Last time, when I have installed GTA SA correctly and it crashes when I start load the game. My game is legally copied. Then I have downloaded and installed mods to GTA SA and I start load the game again and it always works perfectly. --Videogamer13 10:37, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you. You are the best. --Videogamer13 11:39, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
Interrupting a carjacking in GTA SA
Hey Chimpso, do you think it is possible to interrupt any and every carjacking in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas? -- PK2PK2 21:02, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
Heare's and Limo's
I'm never spamming anyone. When I go to www.gtagarage.com and I gets banned from accessing to it and takes me to gtanet.com. I need to download any necessary GTA files on GTAGarage.com. --Videogamer13 13:07, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
Re: About Grand Theft Wiki
- Hey - are you still around? I saw you editing the wikia site but not here, everything okay? Gboyers 00:05, 8 November 2010 (UTC)
RE: Hello Friend
Haha, embarrassing. THanks for inviting me to the site! I'm enjoying it only after a few days. Admins like yourself sure do keep this site pretty tip top. I only have a few questions, such as: 1. How do you install 'userboxes', such as yours? 2. How do you set up your 'about me' section, user page to be precise, with categories? ( such as your Games I play and Consoles I Own sections.) Thanks in advance for you help. Way too much HTML for me to experiment with while I have a cold. but maybe when I feel better, I'll give the userboxes a shot. Thanks for your info. --It's an automatic. For when you need it done. 03:24, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
I'm hank666, from the old GTA wiki. why do you delete tons of stuff? you deleted my myths in gta sa and you deleted jellyfish. Is there something wrong with the sections? let me know.
I have been in maybe three or four edit wars. And the edits were stopped (pages protected, warnings dished out etc) after like 5 or 6 reverts. Apart from that, im not exactly troublesome, like a vandal. I have made loads more edits that had nothing to do with reverting anything. One thing that gets to me on here is how the "staff" act as if keeping the wiki in check is a paid job or something, such as writing "I will not tolerate" "I will be watching you" "don't push your luck" like an angry boss talking to his employee. Its just a wiki.
As this was the first wiki I edited on, I didn't realize how serious it was taken. NT92 16:39, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
Re: Clothing Articles
About your earlier message of redirecting my clothing articles, how come there are seperate articles on each type of clothing in GTA Liberty City Stories and yet, you don't redirect them. Also, i reckon my GTA Vice City clothing articles are worth keeping as they are more informative than the one from GTA liberty City Stories--MrLanceVanceDance 09:51, 24 April 2011 (BST)
- Just to add to this, as it's been going around for a while, I've started a topic for discussion at Grand Theft Wiki:Style Guide/List pages. Please join the discussion as this is something we need to agree on. Gboyers 20:19, 24 April 2011 (BST)
Grand Theft Mods
I had an account on http://gta.wikia.com and to cut a long story short I did some editing the trivia on Misty saying that her name is a spin on the R&B/UK garage group Mis-Teeq like Sex Club 7 is on S Club 7 and Liberty Sex is on Liberty X and a couple of contributors and admins said that I was making up stuff and that is not sourced, when I saw it at a mate's house in a magazine back in early 2002, I don't remember the name of the magazine for the life of me, but I remember the article and then one of contributors cunningly wrote on my page that I didn't know what I was on about so I gave him what for, I said it would be hard for you as you are Japanese to understand that it is a play on the word Mystique", but when he was calling me a scum bag in an edit and I called him a daft prick and Dan the Man 1983 said and I've got what was on my talk page:
"Haruhi Suzumiya is actually right and information that you keep on adding stays out, unless you can provide a link where it says Mis-teeq(what a shit girl group that was) got their name from the word misty, in which case we'll add the information back in. Dan the Man 1983 13:09, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Excuse me bruv? Mis-Teeq were shit?! What do you listen to Wagner and Jedward? You don't know music? Is you're real name Tulisa? At least she's a judge finding real talent! I never said that Mis-Teeq got their name from Misty, I can't picture Alesha Dixon saying "Right we're gonna call ourselves Misty after that prozzie in Grand Theft Auto." I said Misty, the character in Grand Theft Auto is a play on words on the groups name, like Sex Club 7 is a play on words on S Club 7.
First of all, sign your comments, otherwise I'll shorten your editing time here real fast for not following Talk page guidelines. Do I make myself clear on that point? Secondly, if you provide a link as proof to what you're saying, then it will be added in. Oh and MIS-TEEQ WERE CRAP! Dan the Man 1983 17:52, August 22, 2011 (UTC)"
So I gave him what for like he can talk to me like I'm crap and threaten to shorten my editing time, I told him to grow up he's 28 and he's acting like a four year old and that it's a bit sad spending 24/7 on a website hasn't he got kids or a life?
So he blocked that account with no warning, I made a new account saying that "Some moderators not mentioning any names but one called Dan (Just Dan) needs to get a life instead of threatening over the internet 'bout he'll block someone, if that's all he's got in his life bit boring to be frank" then I go offline for the night and I saw on my other profile "GBTheWriter" that a admin McJeff had deleted all of my profile and blocked it with no warning and slyly said "Alright, "bruv", listen up. I already told you about GTA Wiki:Civility, and I don't rightly care how correct or truthful or British or whatever else you are, you obey it and obey it real good or you get blocked. Now since you've gone and abused multiple accounts, I'm extending the block on Greggalz5 from 3 days to 2 weeks, and this is your last warning. One more rule breach and you're gone, seen? Cross-posted from the talk page of the blocked sockpuppet.
And while we're at it, I'm including "abusing bold and italics when making talk page comments" with things that will get you blocked, because it is annoying. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 03:42, August 25, 2011 (UTC)"
So my mate Kelley who was 'round my house said "You gonna take that bruv?" and I said "What you mean babe?" and she said "Some little dickhead on a website thinks he can chat shit, the stupid yank, who in God's name does he think he is? He's a twat, ya know what? give me the mouse I'll give him a piece of my mind," she wrote on a profile of mine, she made up "This fucking website is corrupt as shit! People on here need a life, yes that's right McJeff, Dan The Man 1983, GO FUCK YOURSELVES BIG TIME" so I had an ally called The Tom, (well I realised now that he would sell you up the river for a pound of fudge as much as spit on you!) and I wrote if he could sort out the corruptness of McJeff and Dan The Man 1983 and unblock my accounts or at least next time say "Do something wrong again and we will block you" which if they said that I would've acknowledged and taken it on board, but they would see me write an edit and they would think 'Ahh let's fuck him up good and proper and block him' 'cause they were nasty like that", I went off for half an hour went to see on his profile, surprise, surprise, they saw my comment deleted it bad mouthed me to The Tom and Dan The Man wrote on my profile this "Since you have opened another sockpuppet account, you're blocked for good. Goodbye. Dan The Man 1983 22:40, August 25, 2011 (UTC)", I mean if you block an account for a year, someone's gonna make a new one and try to follow a page that they like so why can't you have another account that's my argument?
I know I've written a book but my question is: Do you have any way from one profile to unblock another profile on the same Wikia on a different page? Please contact me ASAP. Thank you Gregallz
Hey Chimpso, how are things? I just wanted to let you know that I've moved you into a new user group called Alumni. This is a group we're now using for inactive/retired staff who we still trust with their administrative rights.
This means that you can come and go as much as you please, be as inactive or active as you like, and still be able to do everything you need to do. All the rights of the new Alumni group are listed on Special:ListGroupRights, but in short you can still move/delete pages and block users. Alumni are also not listed on the staff page so there shouldn't be users bugging you with questions.
You're still eligible to read and contribute to discussions and the GTW Staff Forum, just let me know if you need me to enable your TGTAP account to be able to see it.
- Glad you like it. You don't have to apologise for your inactivity - if you don't enjoy editing and don't want to do it then there's no reason to - but it would be great if we could still benefit from your experience, sills and time when you feel like it. The same goes for other former staff who are similarly experienced.
- To give background, the word 'alumni' usually refers collectively to former students of a college - so there may be a newsletter or party for alumni (arranged by one alumnus). We've twisted the meaning a bit here but its the best word without using 'Retired'. The most accurate word would be 'Emeritus' which refers to someone who used to be in an honourable/senior position but got to keep their title after they retired (so they might be the Chairman Emeritus), but even fewer people would understand what that means so alumni will do!
- The new Alumni group have pretty much the same basic rights as an admin - including deleting, moving, blocking, patrolling, protecting etc. Only a few rarely-used rights have been removed, such as editing the Grand Theft Wiki: namespace or un-deleting deleted pages, as these would cause the most trouble if an inactive account was hijacked by someone malicious. If there are any rights missing, just let me know and I can make adjustments.
- In terms of news, there's nothing huge. I'm just doing a few bits of reorganisation to prepare us better for GTA V in a few months (no date yet). I've removed the Moderator/Patroller/Inspector rank completely (as there's no point having a staff member who can't make admin decisions), and instead given Trusted Users the ability to patrol. I'm definitely open to suggestions if you have any?
- As for specific tasks, there's nothing hugely urgent as there's not been much 'new' for a while. The biggest job on our plates is going through Category:Cleanup and fixing all the pages that need work. Quite a few of those pages won't need much cleanup, just a bit of formatting, whilst some will need a total rewrite or to be marked for deletion. If you could work your way through a handful of pages every now and then, that would be a HUGE help!
We're planning to have another discussion about our plans for GTA V in the IRC chat again tonight, starting in half an hour (9pm GMT/7.30am, if I'm not mistaken, in Adelaide). Hope to see you there if you can make it. A-Dust 20:33, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
Hey! Good to see you're still (sort of) around. I've not been playing much GTA for a while, but I'm very excited about V. You still have your admin abilities as an Alumni, so feel free to just jump right in whenever you feel like it! Let me know if you have any suggestions or questions, too! gboyers talk 16:00, 28 November 2012 (UTC)