Rear quarter view)|
The Stretch, as depicted in Grand Theft Auto III.
GTA III |
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Manufacturer||Dundreary (HD Universe)|
"VIPs, mob bosses, major criminals and prom parties love to be seen in one of these."
- Official Vice City Bureau of Investigation file description, GTA Vice City.
- You may be looking for Stretch, a character in Grand Theft Auto V.
The Stretch is a four-door "stretch" limousine which has appeared in the following games:
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto Advance
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto V
The Stretch's design varies in each game, being modeled after the most common American limousines of their respective depicted periods:
- In Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, the Stretch resembles a third generation Lincoln Town Car.
- In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, it resembles a seventh generation Cadillac DeVille limousine.
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, it resembles the second generation Lincoln Town Car, albeit with tail-lights resembling a Cadillac.
- The inspiration for Grand Theft Auto Advance's Stretch is uncertain due to the lack of detail.
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, it is the limo version of the Dundreary Admiral.
- In Grand Theft Auto V, it is the limo version of the Albany Washington; however the manufacturer is still identified as Dundreary when entering the vehicle.
Despite being a limousine, it is a 4-door vehicle, meaning it is only capable of carrying 4 passengers. Trunk-mounted "boomerang" TV antennae are depicted in the GTA Vice City, GTA Advance, GTA Vice City Stories and GTA IV renditions of the Stretch, with the GTA IV rendition featuring two additional antennas. Detailing within the passenger compartment of the limousines vary between games but remained largely unremarkable until GTA IV, wherein the passenger compartment features LED lighting in the floor and ceiling, a mini-bar and two television screens. GTA IV's Stretch also features more durable windows (particularly side windows) than other cars in the game - they can withstand a significant amount of gunfire before shattering.
The Stretch comes in somewhat limited color variations: in GTA III, GTA Liberty City Stories and GTA Vice City Stories, it is available in only dark grey, light grey and white, with a black variant available in two GTA III missions; in GTA Vice City, it is only available in white, with the exception of a gold variant used by Candy Suxxx during "Martha's Mug Shot", and a black variant used by Avery Carrington during cutscenes for his missions (unobtainable to the player); in GTA San Andreas, it is available only in white, but can be modified and painted any color in a Transfender workshop; note, however, that only the upper portion of the Stretch can be given a custom color (one Stretch can be found during the mission "Jizzy" that is black on the lower portion, although obtaining this Stretch is extremely difficult).
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories game art depicting a row of Stretch's, used to represent the game's "Get Stretch" multiplayer mode.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (Rear quarter view).
Being a large, multi-passenger vehicle with an extended drive axle due to its length, this vehicle is slow and lumbering despite its powerful V8 and rear-wheel drivetrain (the GTA III rendition of the Stretch oddly has front-wheel drive). Its length makes it difficult to maneuver through tight spaces and around corners at high speed, and its suspension is too soft, contributing to body roll. Its ability to absorb damage is not particularly impressive either, making the Stretch more of a specific-use vehicle, or a status-grabber, and a generally poor choice for primary transportation, or for evading cops. Unfortunately, it can only fit three passengers, and thus cannot be used to transport extra gang members in GTA San Andreas, like the Coach or Bus can. Its top speed in GTA IV is 150 km/h (93 mph).
Customization in GTA San Andreas
The Stretch in GTA San Andreas can be modified at a TransFender, but is only offered a bare minimum of modification options:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
With modified/unique designs
- The Love Fist in GTA Vice City: The band Love Fist use this customized, shorter version of the Stretch. This vehicle sounds and feels supercharged, with improved acceleration, speed, and handling.
- The Stretch E in The Ballad of Gay Tony: A stretched variant of the game's redesigned Schafter.
With unique colors
GTA Vice City
- Black Stretch
As seen during the opening cutscenes of the missions Four Iron, Demolition Man, and Two Bit Hit, Avery Carrington appears in possession of a unique black Stretch. The Stretch cannot be obtained in the mission as it appears only in the cutscenes. But if the player activates the black traffic cheat, and locates a Stretch, they can own one.
- Gold Stretch
During the mission "Martha's Mug Shot" in GTA Vice City, there is a chance to obtain a specially colored gold Stretch. After Candy is dropped off, the Stretch will park itself on the road just south of Malibu Club. The player can proceed with the mission normally up until the point where a wanted level is received. After clearing the wanted level, the player can obtain the Stretch by shooting the driver and proceed to complete the mission normally while in the Stretch. In the Double Pack versions, the driver is immune from being shot inside the car. The alternate way is to burn the car to get the driver out. The doors remain "locked" so attempt to keep it opened when not in the Stretch. After the mission is passed, the Stretch can be saved normally.
A gold Stretch in GTA Vice City, obtained from "Martha's Mug Shot".
GTA San Andreas
- Black Stretch
During the mission "Ice Cold Killa" in GTA San Andreas, there is a completely black Stretch that is available for the player to obtain. To get this start the mission, then go to the Pleasure Domes. There will be two of them parked out front of the club. So you can pick one of them and save it in a safehouse garage. This is extremely easier to obtain the Stretch in the mission Jizzy. Also note that there are two cheats available to get the Stretch; the black traffic cheat, and the Stretch spawn cheat.
- White-black Stretch
The unique white Stretch with a black underside can be obtained in GTA San Andreas via the mission "Jizzy" during the last assignment in the mission to kill one of Jizzy's prostitutes who has decided to become a preacher's mistress. Both individuals ride the aforementioned Stretch escorted by a black Huntley, and the player is required to kill the preacher, the prostitute, and their escort.
Due to the nature of the mission, obtaining the Stretch can be difficult; the mission will often result in the Stretch bursting into flames and exploding. Drive-by shooting may be employed, damaging the Stretch; it is also difficult to forcefully stop the vehicle because the player drives a much lighter Broadway, let alone catch up with it; the Stretch will also crash into a sculpture in the middle of the City Hall, thereby possibly resulting the vehicle resting upside down and exploding subsequently.
So the only two ways to obtain this are: try to destroy the Stretch near a safehouse with an active garage, and push the wreckage in. Or try to pin in against an obstruction such as a wall of a building, and shoot the driver in the head with something. Once you do this get in (after you killed the Preacher, and supposedly the prostitute) and do a drive-by on Jizzy's Broadway thereby failing the mission. Then put the Stretch in a garage.
There is, though, a much easier way: Obtain the Black Stretch (see previous section), then take it to a TransFender, choose "Colors" and put the car's color in white. The bottom will stay black.
GTA Liberty City Stories
- Bullet-proof Stretch
Obtained during the mission Search_and_Rescue and can be stored in safehouse until mission fail, then saved.
- Black Stretch
A black Stretch can be found and stolen after the mission The Shoreside Redemption. It drives away from the courthouse after completion, despite Salvatore Leone riding off in a black Sentinel during the cut scene.
- In GTA Vice City, damaging the right front side panel will instead damage the left headlight and vice versa.
- The GTA IV rendition of the Stretch will make an audible "door ajar" dinging noise if a door is opened.
- The Stretch in GTA IV features TV screens in the passenger compartment, depicting images of the beta version of the Sultan RS and a vague image of a boat at sea, possibly that of the Dinghy. Because of the use of bloom effects, the latter will appear too bright for one to identify, unless they view it through the Stretch's tinted windscreens, or through inspection of internal files.
- The Stretch plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- Master Sounds 98.3 in GTA San Andreas.
- Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 or Fusion FM in GTA IV.
- After collecting all thirty cars for Stevie in GTA IV, a Stretch may be sold at his garage for $2,500.
- Despite that the Stretch in GTA V is based on an Albany vehicle (the Washington), it is still manufactured by Dundreary.
The Stretch is only used in a few missions, and is usually found in the more affluent areas in each city, such as Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale in Liberty City, Starfish Island in Vice City; Calton Heights, Juniper Hill, Paradiso, and Palisades in San Fierro; Mulholland, Richman, and Rodeo in Los Santos; and The Strip and Prickle Pine in Las Venturas.
- GTA III
- Can be found driving around throughout Staunton Island and parts of Shoreside Vale.
- GTA Vice City
- Parked on the opposite side of the stairs from the Infernus at Vercetti Estate in Vice City.
- Spawns during the mission The Party.
- Three Stretches spawn at the foot of the stairs to Tommy's mansion during the mission Keep Your Friends Close....
- GTA San Andreas
- The Strip, Las Venturas.
- Calton Heights, San Fierro.
- Behind the Wang Cars showroom in San Fierro (only when wanted for export).
- Specially colored Stretch in the mission Jizzy
- Keying a cheat code that spawns a Stretch, by:
- Pressing R2, Up, L2, Left, Left, R1, L1, Circle, Right (PlayStation 2).
- Typing "celebritystatus" (PC).
- Pressing Black, Up, White, Left, Left, R Trigger, L Trigger, B, Right (Xbox).
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Once in a while, spawns in Belleville Park and Bedford Point areas in Stauton Island.
- Spawns in Cedar Grove area in Shoreside Vale.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Across the street from the Pay 'n' Spray, in front of a hotel in Ocean Beach, Vice City
- Northeast from the hospital in Vice Point, Vice City.
- It can be bought by the player for around $3000 at Sunshine Autos. When bought, it comes in various colors and is bulletproof (but can still be damaged from crashes).
- GTA IV
- Can generally be found in Algonquin's more expensive areas, the Middle Park area, Lancaster, and occasionally in The Triangle, Star Junction, and Francis International Airport, Liberty City.
- GTA V
- Can usually be found in Michael or Franklin's hanger in the Los Santos International Airport
- The Love Fist limousine in GTA Vice City.
- Limo, GTA Chinatown Wars equivalent.
- "Get Stretch", a mutliplayer mode in GTA Liberty City Stories.
- Stretch E, another limousine featured in a GTA IV episode The Ballad of Gay Tony
- ↑ Vice City Crime Tree. Rockstar Games. official GTA Vice City website