Up, Up and Away!
|Up, Up and Away|
Carl Johnson, Wu Zi Mu, Zero and Guppy plan to steal a sky crane and an armoured van for their heist at Caligula's Palace
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Location||The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas|
|Reward||Respect, Leviathan at airstrip in Verdant Meadows|
|Unlocks||Breaking The Bank At Caligula's (if Millie's keycard has been acquired and Saint Mark's Bistro has been completed)|
|Unlocked by||Cop Wheels|
Up, Up, and Away! is a playably voluntary but canonically mandatory storyline mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, accessed independently by protagonist Carl "CJ" Johnson under the inspiration of blind Chinese-American San Fierro Triads leader Wu Zi "Woozie" Mu from the administrative staff suite of The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas.
Carl is left with nothing but a last step - to somehow obtain an armored van and respray it with the Caligula's Casino logo, but he makes up his mind that he won't raise suspicion to his team by doing a simple carjacking. Zero gives him the idea to hijack a 'sky crane,' called a Leviathan, and use ot to lift an armored car. Heading over to a military depot fuel dump in Spinybed, northeast Las Venturas, Carl penetrates the compound while keeping soldiers armed with assault rifles at bay. Carl takes down a pair of Hunters using a gun emplacement, before lifting off with the Leviathan. He heads to a parking lot in Rockshore East, and using the magnetic winch attached to the helicopter, lifts an armored van and airlifts it to the airstrip in Verdant Meadows.
CJ: OK, we got the bikes. And Woozie's taken care of the uniforms. Now, we just gotta get an armored van and re-spray it with the Caligula's Casino logo.
Woozie: Why don't we steal one while it's on its rounds? That way we can make some money too.
CJ: No, I don't want to get the crew caught up in some street level jacking - it could get ugly.
Zero: I... I have an idea? Um... Have you ever seen those helicopters they use to lift heavy loads?
Triad: Yeah, they call em 'sky cranes'. We could lift the whole truck and take them to someplace safe.
Woozie: Then we need to steal a sky crane. Unfortunately, I'm not a pilot.
Zero: No, me neither.
Triad: Hey, don't look at me.
Guppy: Or me.
CJ: Shit. I'll fly it, then. We can respray it at the airstrip.
Zero: Yeah, Carl. It'll be just like fighting Berkley, only bigger!
CJ: Yeah, thanks for that.
(Carl succeeds in transporting the van and the sky crane to the airstrip.)
Guppy: Heeey, CJ, you never cease to amaze me!
CJ: Heh Heh, good lookin, where's Woozie?
Guppy: I don't know. He insisted on driving here himself. He could be anywhere.
CJ: Heh heh, yeah I guess. Alright dude, I'm outta here. I'll see y'all later.
The reward for completing the mission is increased Respect and the Leviathan will always spawn at the Aircraft Graveyard in Verdant Meadows unless the player has unlocked the Hunter, in which case it will only spawn when arrving from east. Further, if the keycard has been obtained and the mission Saint Mark's Bistro have been completed beforehand, the final heist mission Breaking the Bank at Caligula's is unlocked.
- The most direct way into the military fuel dump is that, as Carl approaches the gate, a Patriot will be leaving. When the gate is opened for the Patriot, run or drive right in.
- If you miss the first opportunity, returning with any military vehicle, including the stolen Patriot, will open the gate from the outside. However, this doesn't grant peaceful access once inside the compound.
- There is a Heart and Body Armor in the warehouse east and slightly north of the gate.
- The third and indirect method of access is flying aircraft or the Jetpack over the compound walls.
- An easy way through the compound is using a motorbike and simply driving through, possibly using an SMG to shoot down any soldier in your way.
- The magnet cable on the Leviathan is pass-thru. You can drag vehicles under bridges while flying over top without losing them or the magnet.
- No amount of mayhem (gunfire, grenades, rockets, vehicle/aircraft destruction) will attain a wanted level while on the installation. This was likely set to avoid a 4-5 star wanted level, from soldiers and two Hunters, by the time you even reached the Leviathan.
- Using a jetpack over the gun emplacement will allow the player to gain access to an infinite minigun through a simple trick.
- If the player attempts to land inside the base by parachuting onto the base area or using a jetpack, an unknown glitch in the game AI will always result in the military guards treating the parachute or jetpack as an aircraft, causing them to fire RPGs onto Carl, reducing health considerably. The effect is always more disastrous in the case of the parachute, since by the time the player lands safely, Carl's health might be damaged severely or even fully, resulting in mission failure in the latter case.
Carl Johnson fights his way through a warehouse to get to the helipad.
CJ flies away from the base with the Leviathan.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|