(Rear quarter view)|
A Patriot in GTA III.
GTA III |
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Vehicle type||Military/civilian 4WD truck|
|Body style||4-door crew cab|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Manufacturer||Mammoth (HD Universe)|
In general, the Patriot is depicted as a large SUV, employed by both the military and civilians. The Patriot resembles an AM General HMMWV (GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City Stories), a Hummer H1 (GTA III, GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Chinatown Wars), and a Hummer H2 (GTA IV, GTA V).
In GTA III and Liberty City Stories, it is popular as a civilian SUV, often found in Portland and Staunton Island. In GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA Vice City Stories, however, the vehicle is reserved for military use, reflecting the adoption of the HMMWV at the time and the civilian Hummer having yet to gain the popularity that it would in later years. These military Patriots come with four different bed configurations.
The design of the Patriot undergoes only minor cosmetic changes for most of the GTA III era. The GTA San Andreas rendition, however, features significant modifications on the body which present the Patriot as a more rugged, off-road vehicle. This Patriot features a shortened truck bed, slanting A and C pillars, a vehicle snorkel (which unfortunately does not allow the truck to wade in water) and redesigned front and rear fascia.
The military variants of the Patriot are exclusively painted military green in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, and beige in GTA San Andreas; the GTA Vice City Stories variant also features a five-pointed star on the hood lid, denoting its association with the United States' armed forces.
During development, the Patriot in GTA III was previously known as the "Hum Vee", after the HMMWV's "Humvee" nickname. The Hum Vee differs from the Patriot in its particularly low ground clearance, and in the front of the vehicle being more similar to the real-life Humvee's.
The "Hum Vee", an earlier rendition of the Patriot in GTA III prior to the game's release.
The Patriot in GTA IV is redesigned based on the Hummer H1's successor, the 2003-2009 Hummer H2, and carries the Mammoth marque. Unlike its predecessors, the GTA IV Patriot's design does not appear to be intended for rugged off-road used, featuring low-profile tires (which may or may not be aftermarket) for one. Some Patriots may come with American flag vinyls on the side, and also emit engine sounds much like the Ford Mustang GT from the Need for Speed games.
In GTA Chinatown Wars, the Patriot is depicted with a two-door, pickup truck-like body style, similar to a 2-door Hummer H1 pickup truck, complete with a permanent canvas covering over its extended bed, while retaining its oversized and angular design. This marks the first time in the series the Patriot is depicted in this form.
An amusing event may occur if a Patriot engages in a head-on crash with an Infernus - or an Infernus crashes into the rear of a Patriot. Due to the Infernus' extremely low profile and the Patriot's high, wide profile, such a collision may result in the Infernus "scooping" the Patriot into the air if hitting from the rear and the Patriot using the Infernus almost like a ramp if colliding from the front.
The GTA V rendition of the Patriot is based on the GTA IV rendition, however additional options may be featured in the future.
A Patriot in the DS version of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.
A Patriot in a pre-release GTA V screenshot.
The civilian Patriot in GTA V.
GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories
The GTA III Era Patriot has medium top speed, due to its heavy weight. It is very durable, and has outstanding off-road capabilities, mainly because of high ground clearance, unusual width, and suspension. It can climb very steep gradients due to its low gear boost, and does not roll, due to the low center of gravity. Because it has a low gear boost, its engine sounds big, and it is average speed for a large, heavy SUV, it wouldn't be a bad idea to assume that the Patriot has a turbocharged V8.
GTA IV — GTA Chinatown Wars
The GTA IV rendition is similar but has some changes. It is ridiculously heavy for an SUV, and as a result cannot go particularly fast, with a top speed of 84 mph (135 km/h) limiting its usefulness in high speed chases. Its engine seems to struggle to pull the weight, but is not easily stalled by crashes. The Patriot can practically drive over most small objects including cars to fences. The Patriot is also top heavy, and has a propensity to roll over in extreme turns. However, it is extremely durable as a result, able to soak up bullets and crashes and keep going. Its suspension is incredibly soft, causing immense body roll and roll oversteer even on slight turns. The Patriot lacks in the ability to turn well, due to its large turning circle, and as a result has to be slowed down to go round any sort of bend.
The off-road performance of GTA IV's Patriot is, as expected, excellent, with high ground clearance, good approach and departure angles, and the engine has enough power to pull the car up steep sandy hills without trouble. The Patriot is also very much capable of literally running over smaller vehicles, which makes it an excellent choice when being chased by small police cruisers. Like many heavy duty trucks, its engine lid is hinged to the front, and will not fly off if an impact dislodges it.
Due to its weight, durability and speed, the Patriot can plough through most traffic quite easily, even flipping smaller cars, SUVs, small trucks, and other Patriots.
- A bulletproof variant of the Patriot is given to the player after successfully driving Ray Machowski to safety during "Marked Man". Besides being impervious to bullets, the truck is otherwise similar in every way to a conventional Patriot.
GTA San Andreas
- Big Smoke's drug couriers typically drive Patriots which are impervious to gunfire, fire damage, and explosions. The player can obtain one before "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom" by waiting at the vehicle's spawn point in Ganton on Friday at around 5:00 a.m. with a Towtruck, and declining the offer to intercept the Patriot's haul. While this still triggers the Patriot to spawn, the vehicle will simply drive away like regular traffic; damaging the Patriot will send the driver exiting, allowing the player to tow the Patriot using the Towtruck to the nearest garage.
GTA Liberty City Stories
- The Colombian Cartel own a unique pink Patriot with a blue reflection during "Contra-Banned". The player can obtain it by pushing it into shallow water. When the mission fails, push it back up and take it to a garage.
- The Sindacco Family uses a Patriot during the mission "A Volatile Situation". This patriot has a dark brown color with a red reflection. To get it just simply finish the mission while driving the car.
- DB-P drives a unique yellow bulletproof Patriot during "False Idols".
- A black Patriot with a gold reflection can be obtained during the "AWOL Angel" side mission.
- A modified and improved police version of GTA IV's Patriot, known as the NOOSE Patriot, is used by NOOSE to pursue the player at a 3-star wanted level or higher.
- A "gang" variant of the Patriot is usually found featuring a black body color, roof lights, a bull bar, and elongated side exhaust pipes is commonly found in M.O.B. and North Holland Hustlers territory (see #Locations).
- Playboy X is depicted in "Blow Your Cover", "Deconstruction for Beginners", "Photo Shoot", and "The Holland Play" (if the player chooses to kill Playboy X) to own an (otherwise ordinary) Patriot with a distinctive yellow paintjob; a yellow Patriot is also requested as one of Stevie's Car Thefts (see #Locations for instructions on how to obtain the yellow Patriots).
- Two Patriots with pearlescent finishes, one colored dark gray while the other is bluish silver, can be seen in "Photo Shoot".
- A Patriot requested in Brucie's Exotic Exports is silver with a slight touch of blue.
- Requested backup from Dwayne Forge in the form of two North Holland Hustlers members (available when the player's friendship with Dwayne is sufficiently high) may occasionally arrive in a uniquely blood red Patriot (besides a PMP 600 or Presidente of the same color).
- A Patriot with significantly lower ground clearance can be seen in the "Dead End" assassination mission. The vehicle's ground clearance will reset to its regular height when the driver exits.
The modified variant of GTA IV's Patriot, with additional accessories alongside the optional patriotic paintwork.
The similarly yellow Patriot requested by Stevie, GTA IV.
A red Patriot which the player's backup from Dwayne Forge may arrive in. Two members of the backup and the player are pictured as occupants.
GTA Chinatown Wars
In GTA Chinatown Wars, a dark gray bulletproof variant of the Patriot is only available from the Auto Merchant in BOABO, unlocked only by rolling five pancakes in the Peking Duck Hunt game at the Rockstar Games Social Club.
- The name refers to the Patriot missile system, heavily featured in American media coverage of the 1990-1991 Persian Gulf War, coverage that also "advertised" the military Humvee vehicle and created demand for a civilian version.
- Earlier GTA III/GTA Vice City renditions of the Patriot are featured in Manhunt 2, during an opening scene of "Most Wanted", as transport for The Bloodhounds.
- Even though it is a military vehicle in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the player cannot start Vigilante missions in the Patriot.
- In GTA San Andreas, the player can access the K.A.C.C. Military Aviation Fuel Depot via ground if they approach the gate with a Patriot (this also works with the Barracks OL).
- The Patriot in GTA Vice City Stories cannot be repaired at a Pay 'n' Spray.
- In GTA San Andreas, the default radio station is K-DST.
- In GTA IV, the two default radio stations in the Patriot are The Beat 102.7 and The Classics 104.1.
- If the player calls Dwayne Forge for backup in GTA IV, members of the North Holland Hustlers will come in a unique red Patriot (unless they arrive in a Presidente or a PMP 600 of the same color.
- If the Patriot is resprayed multiple times in GTA IV, its body color will eventually be between only two colors: gray (which will make the SUV look like the actual first H2s as the gray color was one of the primary color options) or dark blue.
- The Patriot will sell for a maximum of $5,000 at S&M Auto Sales after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts.
- Under the "Chinatown Wars" section of the Rockstar Games Social Club website, members may download a printable papercraft model of a Patriot. The vehicle's design is more alike that of GTA IV than GTA Chinatown Wars.
- In GTA IV, Patriots always come with a odd dent in the left front fender which may be a modelling error or an simply a oversight by Rockstar.
- Carl Johnson
- Big Smoke
- Playboy X - owns a unique yellow Patriot.
- Dwayne Forge
- Phil Cassidy - owns a green Patriot
- GTA III
- Supa Save!, Portland View, Portland. Starts the Patriot Playground side mission.
- Shoreside Park, Shoreside Vale (accessed from Wichita Gardens). Starts the Gripped! side mission.
- Claude is given a bulletproof Patriot after finishing Ray Machowski's missions.
- Patriots can randomly spawn in the Newport Multistory Car Park.
- GTA Vice City
- Inside Phil Cassidy's hideout in Little Haiti.
- Inside Fort Baxter Air Base.
- Behind the "Bolt Burgers" in the film studio, Prawn Island.
- Can be obtained in the mission Sir, Yes Sir!.
- GTA San Andreas
- Easter Bay Chemicals, Flint County only during Exports and Imports mission (first list).
- Importable from the Easter Basin docks inn San Fierro after first list completion for $32,000 on Saturday.
- At the end of the dock next to the carrier at the Easter Basin Naval Station. The player gets a 5-star wanted level upon entry of the area.
- On the airstrip of Area 69 in Bone County, near the gate. The player gets a 5-star wanted level upon entry of the area.
- Spawns in the parking lot of the hospital in Las Venturas, but only in the mission Intensive Care.
- During the mission Up, Up and Away!, a Patriot drives out the gate of the military fuel dump.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Two parked inside the Fort Baxter Air Base, which can be accessed before completing Conduct Unbecoming, or risk by jumping over the side cabin to re-enter the base after that mission, or after completing the storyline while wearing the Army Fatigues.
- GTA IV
- Star Junction, Algonquin (not a specific location but always seems to be one driving around).
- Sometimes found parked around the side of the street in Broker or Dukes.
- Black gang variants of the Patriots, along with regular Patriots, commonly spawn in North Holland, Algonquin, Firefly Projects, Broker, and Acter, Alderney.
- Found in Castle Gardens for Stevie's Car Thefts. This Patriot has a unique yellow paintjob and always comes with a flag vinyl.
- GTA Chinatown Wars
- Available for purchase at the BOABO Auto Merchant after completing "The Wheelman".
- A black "Bulletproof Patriot" is available for purchase at the BOABO Auto Merchant after completing the "Peking Duck Hunt" on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
- Can be found in a fenced-off warehouse area at the southern end of Francis International Airport next to the Rhino which activates the side mission Fast Tracks.
- GTA V