Rear quarter view)|
A Bandito in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||1-seat dune buggy|
|Capacity||1 (driver only)|
The Bandito is a sand-driving buggy featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Bandito is designed as a dune buggy with a relatively simple construction. Its body and chassis consists of formed and welded metal tubing, and its driver compartment, engine and other mechanical components are exposed; lights and windscreen are also added. Being stripped down to the bare essentials, the Bandito also lacks a radio.
The performance of the Bandito is comparably better than that of a BF Injection, a similar dune buggy, as the Bandito is not susceptible to spin-outs due to a more balanced chassis and longer length. Its soft suspensions and off-road tires allow the vehicle to traverse rough terrain and sand with no problem, and its speed is considerably above average. The vehicle is also bottom-heavy and wider at the bottom, reducing the risk of the vehicle resting on its top. The Bandito is one of the fastest cars in the game, only second to the high-end sports cars in the game.
The downside of its design is its poor durability, catching fire in about 3 full-speed smashes to a wall.
- The Bandito's engine has the same sound as the FCR-900. This could suggest that it uses a motorbike engine.
- Despite the fact that Banditos don't normally have radios equipped, the one used in the "Bandito County" race tournament is equipped with one.
- The Bandito looks like the cars from the Smuggler's Run series developed by Angel Studios (now known as Rockstar San Diego).
- Spawns in front of Helena Wankstein's home in Flint Range, Flint County if you date her.
- Found at a beach west of the San Fierro City Hall in San Fierro.
- May be used in the mission "Interdiction" for Mike Toreno
- Used in the chase to kill Eddie Pulaski during "High Noon".
- Used in one of the San Fierro Street Races, namely "Bandito Country".
- Importable from the Exports and Imports dock at Easter Basin, San Fierro every Tuesday after completing export lists. Cost: $12,000
- Dune Buggy, a similar dune buggy appearing in Grand Theft Auto V.
- BF Injection, another dune buggy.
- Dune, an off-road truck in GTA: San Andreas.