Rear quarter view)|
A Windsor in GTA San Andreas.[[Image::File:Windsor-GTASA-front.jpg| ]]
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door sports convertible|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
The Windsor is two-door sports convertible featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Windsor is designed as a 1960s to early 1970s classic European convertible sports car, appearing with either its black canvas top up or down. Originally designed to mimic the late-model Jaguar E-Type, the car was further redesigned during GTA San Andreas' development, resulting in a final form with a front end more similar to that of a 1966–1968 Ferrari 330 GTS or a Ferrari 365.
The Windsor is a very fast car; however, it does not match up to some of the "elite" cars. The Windsor's engine is very loud, giving out a thoarty roar, sounding more like a V8 than the four cylinder engine that came in all Alfa Spiders or the 6 cylinder/V12 that came in the all Jaguar E-Types, but acceleration and speed is on par. Cornering is very difficult, as the car seems to be much heavier than it looks, and the car tends to subtly fishtail or drift, despite running at mid speeds, though experienced players can control its drifting capabilities.
The Windsor can be modified at a TransFender, but is only offered a bare minimum of modification options:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- An early iteration of the Windsor, with proportions more similar to that of a Jaguar E-Type (sporting a longer front end) and shielded headlights, is depicted on a hung picture inside the Driving School.
- The default radio station in the Windsor is Master Sounds 98.3.
- Spawns around the western half of Los Santos.
- Spawns while riding a PCJ-600 in Rodeo, Los Santos (Wednesday).
- Available at the Easter Basin docks in San Fierro for import for $28,000 on Wednesdays after completing the first export list.
- Spawns often driving a ZR-350 in Queens, San Fierro (Friday/Saturday).
- Commonly spawned along The Strip in Las Venturas.
- Found parked outside the sex shop after exiting the shop during "Key to Her Heart". The car may have been intended to be the player's replacement vehicle in an event their earlier vehicle disappears after the player exits the sex shop.
- Available in pink as a chase vehicle outside Madd Dogg's Crib near the end of "A Home in the Hills".
- Jugular E and Jug Swinger, GTA London 1969 and GTA London 1961 cars with a similar body design, based on the Jaguar E-Type.