Rear quarter view)|
A Uranus in the PC version of GTA San Andreas (PS2 version).
GTA San Andreas |
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door hatchback|
|Capacity||2 (Driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Vapid (GTA IV)|
GTA San Andreas
The Uranus in GTA San Andreas is a tuner car that is frequently found in the San Fierro area, and is an excellent car to use for street racing. It is a car that takes well, and is perfectly adapted to the streets of San Fierro, and has a balanced out ride, giving the player the ability to feel in better control of what they are doing. The Uranus is based off the 1990/1991 Chrysler BD platform vehicles: the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, and Plymouth Laser; the taillights are based off the 1992-1994 Eagle Talon.
The Uranus is redesigned for GTA IV, having been branded with a Vapid badge. This time, the car resembles a 1983-1986 Fox body Mustang (most likely a 1985/1986 because of the grille), with the front also bearing some similarities to a Ford Sierra RS Cosworth, however the Uranus is front-wheel drive. The taillights look quite reminiscent of 1989-1994 Pontiac Sunbirds.
A modified Uranus also driven by members of the Russian Mafia appears in Hove Beach with a custom bodykit including: rear window louvers, a "whale-tail" spoiler which pays homage to the spoiler on the Ford Sierra RS Cosworth (while emulating some Fox body Mustang spoilers), and a huge decal on the windshield which reads "LOZSPEED" (pronounced as "lose speed", obviously taking a hit at "ricers"); "LOZSPEED" is also a possible parody of Neuspeed, and could be referring to the "lose speed" and "new speed", which the names do sound when pronounced. The modified version lacks any enhanced performance over its stock counterpart. As a further hat tip to the Sierra RS Cosworth, the modified Uranus in GTA IV features a pink and grey Burberry-patterned baseball hat on the rear parcel ledge, paying homage to "chavs".
A Uranus in GTA IV (Rear quarter view).
The modified variant of the Uranus in GTA IV (Rear quarter view).
GTA San Andreas
GTA San Andreas' Uranus is regarded as a average sports car, with above average acceleration and top speed, and very stable cornering and grip, coupled with excellent braking. However, given the vehicle's stiff suspensions, considerably high ground clearance, a tall body construction and shorter axle tracks, the vehicle's risk of tipping over on bumpy terrain is higher than most cars of its class. The Uranus is rear wheel drive, despite the models it is based on being front wheel drive, and a transversely mounted I4 engine under the hood.
The Uranus in GTA IV is powered by what feels and sounds like a six-cylinder engine, coupled to a 4 speed gearbox in a FWD layout. Acceleration is fair, and top speed (90 mph — 145 km/h) is brisk; but leaves a lot to be desired. The suspension is rather soft, and leads to much body roll; making the Uranus fishtail when cornering at speed. Braking is good, though ABS is not available on the Uranus. Accident deformation is very poor, often rendering the vehicle un-drivable after one major impact to the front. The engine is also very shoddily built, and has been known to fail after two to three impacts. Unlike its rival, the Dinka Blista Compact, the front wheel drive system causes understeer, even at relatively low speed, and the engine is underpowered, even though the Uranus is the lightest car in the game, according to the game files.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
- Wheel Arch Angels, one of the six vehicles that can be modified in it.
- The name could refer to the Saturn, which is an automaker which name is also based on a planet.
- Uranus is a planet in the Solar System; however, people tend to jokingly use the word as a crude reference to the term "your anus". Seeing Rockstar Games' penchant for crude references, the Uranus is most likely an in-game joke.
- Due to programmer error, the PC version of the GTA San Andreas Uranus lacks a sheen.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Uranus features a "third taillight" on its center console. When braking, it is noticeable when the rear has been damaged.
- The Uranus plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- In GTA IV, the Uranus features the Door Ajar Chime, which can be heard with the driver's door open in quiet areas.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony's Drug Wars, the LOZSPEED Uranus is featured however the ones featured don't have the windscreen banner or the four fog lamps or the front.
- In GTA IV, the exhaust on the LOZSPEED Uranus comes out of the right side of the bumper, despite the tailpipe being located on the left. This is because the stock Uranus's tailpipe is located on the right side. This suggests that both vehicles use the same handling configuration.
- In perfect condition this car can be sold in the S&M Auto Sales for $1,500.
- Wrecks of the Uranus can be found around rural and poor areas in GTA V.
- The Uranus's handling were left in GTA V's handling files, suggesting one may appear in the beta.
- GTA San Andreas
- A Uranus can be found parked in the showroom of Wang Cars after completing Zeroing In.
- Spawns while driving a Baggage (often) or Taxi (less often) in Los Santos International Airport, Los Santos (Sunday).
- Spawn while driving a Regina in Easter Bay Airport, San Fierro (Sunday).
- Spawns while driving a Euros in Easter Bay Airport Daily, however by the time you have a Euros, there are easier places to obtain the Uranus.
- May spawn in the parking lot of the LVA Hospital.
- Spawns when the cheat, "faster cars" is activated.
- GTA IV
- Spawn around Hove Beach, Broker.
- Spawn around Northwood, North Holland and East Holland, Algonquin.
- Spawn around Middle Park, Algonquin.
- The modified variant can be found at Hove Beach driven by Russians.
- Found parked on Happiness Island.