Rear quarter view)|
A Cavalcade FXT in GTA IV..
GTA IV |
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Vehicle type||Civilian truck|
|Body style||4-door SUT/pickup truck|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Manufacturer||Albany (GTA IV)|
The Cavalcade having been based on the second generation Cadillac Escalade obviously suggests that the Cavalcade FXT is based on the second generation Escalade EXT, the pickup variant of the Escalade. Naturally, it shares the Albany brand with the Cavalcade. Unlike the Escalade EXT, the FXT lacks the distinct upper body bed cladding but it may come with roll bars, a bed cover, or just a plain bed. Also the horn on the FXT is different than the SUV version for unknown reasons. The FXT is considerably harder to find than the SUV version, only spawning in wealthy areas.
In GTA Chinatown Wars, the Cavalcade FXT exists in two forms, a regular variant as well as a Russian Mafia variant, available only in a bright yellow-orange shade, and featuring roof-mounted lights and yellow neon underglows.
GTA IV (Rear quarter view).
The Cavalcade FXT shares its high-displacement V8, 5 speed gearbox and AWD system with the Cavalcade SUV, and retains much of the same performance, including the top speed (87 mph - 140 km/h), though its acceleration is slightly poorer (despite the two vehicles weighing the same); the difference is reversed in GTA Chinatown Wars.
Handling and braking are consistent with regular Cavalcade and very good, keeping stopping distances short and maintaining stability in turns. Off-road, the same can be said of the FXT as of the Cavalcade, making it one of few vehicles able to climb steep grades and medium sized rocks. Accident deformation is also very good, and the vehicle will sustain multiple frontal impacts before failing.
- It will tend to spawn if driving a Cavalcade.
- Often spawns in Alderney when driving a Sultan
- Driving around Broker and Easton and Little Italy.
- A Phone call to Henrique
- Upon completion of all 30 of Stevie's Car Thefts, a Cavalcade FXT may be sold at his garage for $5,500, $1,500 less than a Cavalcade.
- When entered, by default the Cavalcade FXT plays The Vibe 98.8.
- In the PlayStation 3 version of GTA IV, the front brake disks feature no calipers, yet the rear wheels appear to have red ones.