Rear quarter view)|
A Coquette in Grand Theft Auto IV.
GTA IV |
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door sports car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Invetero (HD Universe)|
- GTA IV
The Coquette closely resembles the 1997—2004 Chevrolet Corvette C5, albeit with revealed projector-style headlamps and altered fascias. The front fascia is closely reminiscent of the face-lifted Honda/Acura NSX (2002—2005) which shares the headlamp cluster design (the NSX sports a clear headlamp surround; the Coquette features a black surround), the radiator inlets, and the angular hood lines. The taillamps bear some resemblance to the Corvette where the running lamps overlap the brake lamps, while the reverse lamps and turn repeaters are embedded in the running and brake lamps respectively; the Coquette also has a high-mounted third brake lamp.
The dual exhaust exits overlap to mimic the taillight design (similar to early 2003 Gemballa Porsche models which used overlapping exhaust exits). Unlike the Corvette, the side vents on the Coquette do not extend the length of the door, and are finished with two silver accented strips. The car also features a rod antenna mounted on the roof. The Coquette features five-split-spoke alloy rims wrapped by low-profile sport treys, with brakes consisting of four very large, composite cross-drilled disc rotors also found on GTA IV's Infernus, Comet, and Turismo.
The interior design is closely related to that of the Corvette extended leather package: the bucket sports seats feature two-tone leather upholstery in black and yellow with "Coquette" embroidery and matching leather door finishers and leather-wrapped shifter lever; the car features a fully-carpeted parcel shelf suitable for small luggage.
- GTA V
In GTA V, the Coquette is completely redesigned, resembling the 2014-present Chevrolet Corvette C7. The headlights are derived from the Fisker Karma, while the rear fascia bears similarities to those of the Jaguar F-Type (especially the taillights) and Lexus LFA. The Coquette is now a convertible car as well.
GTA V (Rear quarter view).
The Coquette is a front mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive sports car with a very powerful V8 power plant under the hood mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Like the Corvette, it is also fairly lightweight which lends the car its nimble and quick nature. The Coquette also reaches an top speed of 220 mph (354 km/h), which is a very high top speed, even faster than its real-life counterpart (the fastest official Corvette variants can reach 205 mph (330 km/h) without any modifications). The Sultan RS is the only car that accelerates faster. It has excellent braking and handling, even at high speeds. Combined with the strong engine, these points mean the Coquette is an excellent drifting car. While the Coquette has a fairly solid construction and damage resistance, the front mid-engine layout of the Coquette means it is specifically vulnerable to engine damage in high-speed front-end collisions, more so than rear mid-engined sports cars like the Turismo and Infernus. Due to its high-power and engine layout (where weight is more balanced than mid-engine cars), the Coquette suffers from excessively poor grip in wet conditions.
The Coquette in GTA V now has a top speed of 202 mph (325 km/h), while it can accelerate from standstill to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 3.1 seconds. Its downgrade in speed from 220 mph (354 km/h) to 202 mph (325 km/h) makes it much closer to the Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 in performance. Legendarymotorsport.net describes the Coquette as having a 6 liter engine that pumps out 570 hp (possibly a V8).
Unique Paint Jobs
The Coquette has a unique white-and-red paint job available, similar to that of the 1984-1996 C4 Corvette featured in the television series The A-team . This paint job, unlike most other unique paint jobs, can be sprayed onto any Coquette.
A Coquette is also requested as part of Stevie's Car Thefts, featuring a gray body color. As a new Coquette will spawn at the same spot until the player delivers one to S&M Auto Sales, the player can save one at their safehouse before delivering another. Stevie's photograph of the car is shown to have no badge or marque on its rear, implying it was not originally added earlier in game development.
The requested Coquette in Stevie's Car Thefts.
- GTA IV
- Spawns in traffic during Multiplayer.
- Can be found along the Broker - Dukes Expressway.
- Occasionally can appear often around Westminster, Varsity Heights, The Triangle, The Meat Quarter, Suffolk, Middle Park, Easton (Algonquin), and South Slopes, Rotterdam Hill, Downtown (Broker), Liberty City.
- Has a very good chance of spawning anywhere at night driving another sports/supercar.
- Can be obtained in the mission Payback; in a unique color; black with a gold trim.
- Parked in front of the church in Suffolk, Algonquin for Stevie's Car Thefts.
- Can appear in Brucie's Races, however killing the person and taking the car, will cause you to forefeit, and will lower Brucie's Respect for you by 3%.
- Can appear at Auto Eroticar if already in one.
- GTA V
- Can be purchased from legendarymotorsport.net for $138,000 (Hardtop) or $159,000 (Topless) in GTA Online.
- Can be encountered in and around Vinewood and Vinewood Hills along with other sports/supercars and SUVs.
- In the mission Fresh Meat, after you free up Michael De Santa, you can choose the Coquette as your escape car.
- Sometimes spawns at Richards Majestic during certain missions.
- Sometimes spawns at the Kortz Center parking lot in Pacific Bluffs.
- Sometimes spawns in Del Perro Beach at the parking lot.
- "Coquette" is a term meaning a chatty flirtatious woman.
- While in its prototype stage, the real-life Corvette was originally referred to as the Coquette.
- On rare occasions police radio chatter refer to the car as being a Declasse than an Invetero, hinting that the car may have been intended to be a Declasse in a similar vein to the Chevrolet Corvette (Declasse is by large an in-game representation of the Chevrolet brand).
- The Coquette plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- In perfect condition, the Coquette can be sold at S&M Auto Sales for $4,100 after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts in GTA IV.
- Outside of S&M Auto Sales, there are stacks of rims, appearing to be off of the Coquette.
- Stinger and Stinger Z29, similar Corvette-based cars in GTA 1 and GTA 2.
- Banshee, a sports car based on a C4 Corvette in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories.