Rear quarter view)|
A Turismo R in Grand Theft Auto V.
GTA V |
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door super car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Grotti (HD Universe)|
Grotti might have alienated their Old Money customers by releasing a hybrid sports car, but 'fuel efficient' is relative when you're talking about 799 hp. 0-60 in under 3 seconds and a top speed of 210 mph.
Official legendarymotorsport.net description, GTA V.
The Grotti Turismo R is a 2-door supercar in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. It is the successor to the Turismo, which appeared in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. The Business Update is required to access this vehicle.
The Turismo R has an aggressively-styled profile and is supposedly based on the Ferrari LaFerrari for the general shape, bumpers, greenhouse area, and rear engine cover. The front of the car is sourced from the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento (or the Aventador and to a slight extent, the SSC Tuatara) and Arash AF8, including headlights which are derived from the GTA Spano and Chevrolet Corvette C7. The taillights appear similar to those of the McLaren F1 and Mazzanti Evantra, while the door panels, curvy profile, and rear diffuser appear to be inspired by the McLaren P1. The rear view mirrors have been repositioned to be placed on the A-pillars, much like the SSC Tuatara. The rear also bears some similarities to McLaren P1, Marussia B2, and Chevrolet Corvette C7 accents. The exhaust pipes are similar to those of the Ferrari 458 Speciale. The Turismo R has its name engraved on each of the rear quarter vents, just in front of the rear wheels and on the rear, with "TURISMO" written in the Orbitron font and "R" written in a Brush Script font.
All in all, the Turismo R is basically the GTA rendition of the Ferrari LaFerrari with elements from the McLaren P1, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, and various other supercars. Due to its extremely streamlined and low down body, vehicles may treat the hood as a ramp in the case of head-on collisions. This is useful for players who enjoy stunting on motorcycles, as they can use the Turismo R's hood as a ramp to be launched into the air and perform a stunt mid-air.
According to legendarymotorsport.net, the Turismo R is a hybrid supercar, containing a 7.2 L V12 engine mated to an electric motor for a total power output of 799 hp. The engine displacement would be similar to various Pagani Zonda models. Actual observations show that the Turismo R has a V8 instead, much like the Cheetah. During gear shifting, no power is lost, giving the Turismo R's engine a very smooth and responsive reputation. The engine is one of the most technologically advanced in the game. It uses a rear-wheel-drive layout mated to a 6-speed transmission. The Turismo R has reasonably fast acceleration, performing 0-60 mph (0-100 km/h) in 2.8 seconds. It is capable of good cornering. However, being a hybrid supercar, it has a top speed of 210 mph (338 km/h), considerably lower than the real-life LaFerrari's 233 mph (375 km/h) (without the electronic limiter), but in actual gameplay, this is a rather good speed that enables it to rival the Adder and Entity XF in some cases. What makes the Turismo R distinct from other supercars is its extremely good braking ability. This allows the player to pull the vehicle to a stop very quickly and further reducing the risk of being wasted/heavily damaged by being ejected through the windshield or even just damaging the vehicle, as the Turismo R doesn't have a good durability, especially at high speed collisions. However, its wheels do not lock up too often.
Overall, the Turismo R is an affordable alternative to the Zentorno, T20, and Osiris, but still remains a fun car to drive due to its excellent braking power, fast acceleration, and decent handling. However, unless the player is skilled, the Turismo R should be avoided for use in police chases and other risky situations due to its below-average durability.
- Found in protagonists' garages as "Special Vehicles" in GTA V.
- Enhanced Version Only
- Rarely spawns in traffic, often pre-modified.
- Can be purchased from Legendarymotorsport.net for $500,000.
- Spawns at the red-and-white parking garage in Downtown Los Santos, often pre-modified.
- Can spawn at any Los Santos Customs outlet, but most commonly at the one in Burton, often pre-modified.
- Sometimes spawns on Portola Drive, opposite Ponsonbys.
- Sometimes spawns in a garage at the Gentry Manor Hotel.
- GTA Online
- Can be purchased from Legendarymotorsport.net for $500,000.
- Used in the mission GTA Today for Simeon Yetarian. However, it cannot be kept.
- The Turismo R's default radio stations are:
- Strangely, the game files lists the Turismo R's top speed as 247 mph (398 km/h), while legendarymotorsport.net states a top speed of 210 mph (338 km/h) instead.
- The Turismo R is the first hybrid supercar in the Grand Theft Auto series, as well as the first hybrid supercar in the Grand Theft Auto series to be based on a real-life hybrid supercar.
- By contrast, the Voltic is the first electric supercar in the Grand Theft Auto series.
- The Turismo R has no reverse lights.
- The Turismo R uses the engine sound of the Carbonizzare and Feltzer, suggesting that the Carbonizzare's V8 engine is reused and tuned for the Turismo R.
- Driving around in a Turismo R eventually triggers the Infernus and Carbonizzare to spawn.
- Despite being a supercar, when bringing the Turismo R to Los Santos Customs, the mechanics will respond with normal comments ("What's wrong with her now?", etc.) instead of being impressed by the vehicle ("I'd love to get my hands on that", etc.). The Infernus also suffers from this.
- The reason for this remains unknown.
- Due to having a compact interior, the Turismo R cannot be used to pick up prostitutes.
- The "GROTTI" badging on the panel near the front tires is incorrectly textured on the right hand side. On the left, "GROTTI" is normally written, while on the right, the same name is mirrored instead. This same error is present on the Minivan.
- The Turismo R, Elegy RH8, and Pigalle are the only DLC vehicles that spawn in-game during certain missions.
- In the enhanced version of the game, activating the Turismo R's high beams lights up the Grotti badge as well, in a similar manner to the Osiris.
- Cheetah, Deimos SP, F-19, and Turismo, other cars in the GTA series based on Ferrari's limited-production supercars.
- T20, another supercar based on the McLaren P1.