|TW@ Internet Café|
The interior of TW@'s Broker branch in GTA IV. All three TW@ branches in the game use the same interior.
GTA III |
GTA Liberty City Stories
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Type of business||Internet café|
Torrington, Liberty City
Vitullo Ave in Berchem
North Holland, Liberty City
Outlook, Liberty City
Little Seoul, Los Santos (two, one location for rent)
|Mission appearance(s)||Logging On|
|Employee(s)||Alejandra (HD Universe)|
TW@ (pronounced twat) is an internet café that appears in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, and is interactive in Grand Theft Auto IV and its episodes. The "TW", in "TW@", stands for "Totally Wireless", as can be seen outside some TW@ Internet Cafés. This phrase is a take on "Totally where it's at."
"TW@" is a reference to twat, which is a British slang term meaning "idiot". It is also a slang term for "vagina".
In GTA III, the TW@ café (in Torrington) is accessible, but not interactive. Two monitors inside the café show screenshots from Grand Theft Auto 1 and Grand Theft Auto 2, respectively. A stunt jump can be completed inside the café through the staircase.
In GTA Liberty City Stories, due to the earlier setting than GTA III, the TW@ café is only just being constructed. Its posters state - "Come and see the grand opening of TW@".
In GTA IV, TW@ internet cafés can be used to browse the in-game websites from the start of the game. The Internet is formally introduced to the player in the mission Logging On where the player has to set up an Eyefind e-mail account. It costs $1 to use the computer. The stores can be robbed by simply opening the cash register and taking from $10 to $170, but doing so will usually result in a one star wanted level. But this can be avoided, if the player crouches behind the counter of the Snack Shop, out of sight and then opens the cash register, no one will notice and will act as if nothing has happened. In the introductory cutscene to the Logging On mission, Roman actually speaks the name of the establishment, confirming that it is indeed pronounced "twat".
In GTA V, the café returns as a non-interactive business with two stores located in Little Seoul, although one is available for rent suggesting it has closed down.
TW@ at the border between Belleville Park and Bedford Point, Staunton Island, Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto III.
The same outlet in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, circa 1998, under contruction.
The Onieda Ave, Outlook, Broker, Liberty City TW@ in Grand Theft Auto IV.
The Frankfort Ave, North Holland, Algonquin, Liberty City TW@ in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- In Saints Row , there is a moving company called "TW@", also spelt with the "@" symbol.
- Because the TW@ in GTA III has no actual entrance, the player has to smash one of its windows in order to get in.
- TW@ in the GTA III rendition is filled with random pedestrians that will walk around aimlessly, bumping into the windows trying to get out.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony as well as the Episodes From Liberty City version of The Lost and Damned, the computers have a new wallpaper: a dark background with a silhouette of the Liberty City skyline and the phrase "I ♥ LC". This may be a reference to the "I Love New York" logo, which the name of the mission "I Luv LC" also references.
- The GTA III rendition of TW@ features two computer monitors, beside the staircase to the second floor, depicting screenshots of Grand Theft Auto 1 and Grand Theft Auto 2.
- At all TW@ internet cafes in GTA IV, the photocopier behind the cashier's desk is a Kakagawa Power Ultra 3000 Pro. The screen of the photocopier also has an easter egg as the screen reads: ERROR Unleash ninja guru lol.
The "I ♥ L.C" version of the TW@ wallpaper seen on TW@ computers in the DLC version of The Ballad of Gay Tony, or the Episodes from Liberty City versions of The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Businesses in GTA III
- Businesses in GTA Liberty City Stories
- Businesses in GTA IV
- Businesses in The Lost and Damned
- Businesses in The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Businesses in GTA Chinatown Wars
- Businesses in GTA V
- Businesses in 3D Universe
- Businesses in HD Universe
- Businesses in Alderney
- Businesses in Liberty City in 3D Universe
- Businesses in Liberty City in HD Universe
- Businesses in Los Santos in HD Universe