In GTA 1 and GTA 2 the player has a limited amount of attempts to finish the chapters. If the player is wasted, they lose a life. The player starts with four lives and if they run out of them, the game is over, the player cannot finish the district, and they have to start it all over again. To prevent this, the player must collect as many lives as possible and play safe.
The number of Lives is indicated at the top right corner of the screen with green colors in GTA 1, GTA London 1969, GTA London 1961, and GTA 2.
- GTA 1
(To show your coordinates, you have to enter a cheat code, use at your own risk)
- North Island City (81,156,4) - accessible after Beast GTS (mission)
- East Law Island (251,73,4)
- North East Island Heights (177,48,4)
- North Guernsey City (25,52,4)
- West Tellberg (94,238,4)
Liberty City – Heist Almighty:
- North East Ardler (154,169,4)
- South Fort Law (77,75,4)
- South Hackenslash (58,43,4) - accessible after Phone 7
- North Island Heights (164,43,4) - accessible after Cossie (mission 2)
- North West Little Bogota (3,142,2)