|Bank of Liberty|
GTA III |
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Type of business||Bank|
Chinatown, Liberty City
Chinatown, Liberty City
Three Leaf Clover
Dragon Haul Z
The Bank of Liberty is a chain of banks in both the 3D Universe and the HD Universe. The bank appears in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. It is a parody of Bank of America as it has the same colors and also a parody of Sovereign Bank as the text is the same and also a logo to the left of the title.
In GTA IV, there are three branches in Algonquin and several more throughout the rest of the Liberty City. Its main branch is located on Columbus Ave and Calcium Street in The Exchange/Chinatown neighborhood of the borough of Algonquin. Presumably, Gay Tony's personal and business accounts are held at the Bank of Liberty as Luis was in the bank when the Irish robbed it.
In GTA V, Trevor Philips' bank account is held at the Bank of Liberty.
Bank of Liberty logo, 3D Universe.
Bank of liberty logo, HD Unvierse.
Bank of Liberty in Chinatown, Portland in GTA III.
- In GTA III, in the mission The Getaway, Claude and a gang of Leone Family goons rob the Chinatown branch in Portland.
- In GTA IV, in the mission Three Leaf Clover, Niko Bellic, Packie, Derrick, and Michael rob the Chinatown, Algonquin branch of the Bank of Liberty, in which they steal $1,000,000. They deal with heavy police attention and take the money home to divide between themselves.
- In GTA Chinatown Wars, in the mission Dragon Haul Z, Huang Lee and Zhou Ming rob the Chinatown, Algonquin branch of the Bank of Liberty and proceed to get away by performing in Chinatown festival using the Dragon Head they stole.
- In GTA III, GTA Liberty City Stories and GTA IV, there are Bank of Liberty ATMs scattered around of the city. In GTA IV, they allow the player to check their current balance, despite the fact that the player's money is already displayed in the game's HUD.
- The Bank of Liberty branch that the gang of Niko, Michael Keane and the two McRearys rob in GTA IV appears to be based on a branch of the HSBC bank in Chinatown, Manhattan judging by both it's location and appearence.
- The name of the bank has a double meaning; it can mean the bank of Liberty City or the bank of freedom.