Niko Bellic and Vladimir Glebov leaving Comrades Bar.
|Hove Beach, Broker, Liberty City
|Ivan the Not So Terrible.
|Hung Out to Dry
Niko arrives at Comrades Bar, where Vlad gets up and tells Niko to come walk with him. As Niko and Vlad walk through the streets of Hove Beach, Vlad shoves and shouts at pedestrians. He speaks about Roman owing him money and that he has work for Niko to help pay his debt. As they are walking, Jerry Kapowitz, a local tramp, asks Vlad and Niko for some change. Vlad becomes irrate and kicks at Jerry shouting as he does. He also mentions Mikhail Faustin and speaks about the quality of his coke, which Vlad snorts as soon as they get into his blue Marbelle. Vlad explains to Niko that there is a Blista Compact parked at the East Island City projects in Dukes that he wants Niko to take and bring to his lockup. He tells Niko he has to take the subway, because he's going to meet up with somebody and can't have a peasant in his car.
Niko takes the train from Hove Beach station to Dukes Boulevard station and makes his way to the Blista Compact. The owner of the car, Jimmy, is washing it as Niko approaches. After a short confrontation Niko knocks out Jimmy and his partner, and then takes the car.
Once in the car, Niko calls Vlad, telling him that the car is dirty. Vlad then tells Niko to take the car to a car wash nearby, then take it to his lockup. Niko gets the car washed, and delivers it to Vlad's lockup, after which he calls Vlad to inform him.
The player gets $150. In addition, car washes are available for use.
- Curiously, the train you ride as part of this mission drops you off at the Dukes Boulevard station, which is supposedly closed for maintenance. At no other point in the game will a subway train stop at or even pass through this station. Neither will the player see the train actually stopping at the station, as the game cuts off from the cinematic sequence of the train moving towards Schottler station and switches to the player simply being at the station.
- While the game prompts the player to head to the Hove Beach station, it is actually not necessary to take the train; alternatively, players may simply drive or take a taxi to the EIC projects, to which point the game will pinpoint the location of the car. However, as the game does not originally point out where the Blista Compact is parked, first-time players may not know of the car's location and will naturally take the train instead.
- The mission is one of the only parts of the game where the stun punch works. The player can also punch the bouncers at Perestroika with the stun punch.
- If the player fails to stun Jimmy using a stun punch, both Jimmy and his accomplice will become aggressive and attempt to duke it out with the player.
- Killing Jimmy is not mandatory, but the player can in fact kill him without penalty, even by simply defeating him in a fist fight and leaving him lying dazed.
- After stealing the car, players may do whatever they please with the car, so long as it is clean and is not destroyed (which leads to mission failure). This means that the player can choose to deliver the car clean and undamaged, or even present it as a clean but damaged wreck.
- Although Vlad points out that the player can wash the Blista Compact at a car wash at Beechwood City, players may use any car wash in the city. Alternately, players can have the car resprayed at a Pay 'n' Spray for the same effect.
- After delivering the car, Vlad will call Niko regarding "a hot date" (presumably with Mallorie) where he drives the Blista Compact Niko has stolen. Depending on the condition of the car, Vlad's call will differ. If you damage the vehicle enough (all windows broken, tires flattened, engine producing dark grey/black smoke) before parking it, Vlad will call you complaining that the car "was a piece of shit". Niko will retort that the "car was clean, wasn't it?" and hang up.
- During the cutscene where Niko and Vlad are walking to his (Vlad's) car, Vlad is nearly hit by a Taxi and yells "I'm walking here" at the driver. This is a reference to the scene in Midnight Cowboy where Dustin Hoffman is almost hit by a taxi and yells the same phrase. This is also a reference to Back to the Future Part II where Martin McFly Junior is almost hit by a car while crossing the street and yelled the same phrase repeatedly.
- The homeless man seen during the cutscene is Jerry Kapowitz, the man who later finds a bag of diamonds in a trash bin during the last mission of The Ballad of Gay Tony.
Vlad and Niko on the streets Hove Beach.
Niko confronting Jimmy (with instruction of "Stun Punch" showed at upper-left of screen).
Niko talking to Vlad insides Vlad's Marbelle.
Niko getting Jimmy's car washed.
|Xbox 360 Version - GTA Series Videos