|Customs Fast Track|
Cesar Vialpando telling Carl Johnson about a Jester being shipped out that they can steal.
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Target||Steal a Jester and return it to the garage.|
|Location||Doherty, San Fierro, San Andreas|
Death of Carl Johnson|
Arrest of Carl Johnson
Death of Cesar Vialpando
Destruction of Cesar Vialpando's Savanna
Destruction of the Jester
Cesar flees the scene
Exports and Imports
|Unlocked by||Test Drive|
Customs Fast Track is a playably voluntary but canonically mandatory storyline mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, given to protagonist Carl "CJ" Johnson by Mexican-American Varrios Los Aztecas gang leader Cesar Vialpando from the garage in the Doherty district of San Fierro, San Andreas.
Cesar is told by a visiting dock worker that another car on his wish list, a Jester, is being loaded onto a container at a ship down at the docks at Easter Basin; his contact has marked the container. Both Carl and Cesar head for the docks to go see it.
Once there, however, Carl learns that there are three freight containers on the ship, and all of them are unmarked. Using the dock crane, Carl lifts the containers down to the dock while Cesar cracks open each of them until they find the desired car.
Once the car has been found, security appears. Carl kills three waves of security, and takes Cesar and the car back to the garage.
(Carl is working on the hood of Cesar's car.)
CJ: Yeah, I got it. It's in the manifold.
Cesar: Shit, I just changed that seal! Must have got a crimp in it, damn!
Kendl: (arrives) Hey, Ces, your boy is here.
Cesar: (looks outside) He ain't my boy. (goes to meet a dock worker in his contact)
Kendl: (to Carl) Hey, we're almost living a normal life, huh. This is far from Grove Street, right?
Kendl: I know. So what we going to do about Sweet?
CJ: It's a shitty situation but I've got to let it play out a little longer, OK?
Kendl: OK, but be careful. We ain't trying to lose you again.
CJ: That's right, sis - good looking out.
Cesar: (returns to him) Hey. Carl, I gotta rap to you, holmes. I know a guy who knows a guy who handles fright containers down on the docks. He saw one of the containers was loading up cars and one was a match for a car on a customer's wish list. So, he marked the container with the spray can, but it might be too late, the ship's loading it and it moves out tomorrow.
CJ: Okay, let's go peep it out - see what we can see.
(Driving in Cesar's Savanna, the two discuss the action plan.)
Cesar: How we gonna steal a car off a container ship, holmes?
CJ: You know, the same way they got on - use a dockside crane!
Cesar: Man, those things are real high up - I ain't too good with ladders and I'm afraid of heights!
CJ: OK, I'll use the crane, you better be ready to crack the container.
(They reach the dockside crane.)
Cesar That's the ship, CJ!
CJ: OK, I'll go sort out the crane. Gimme a second.
Cesar: Be quick, I don't wanna be caught sleeping out here!
(Whilst Carl is on the crane, he discovers that all containers are unmarked.)
CJ: Cesar! None of these is marked with spray paint!
Cesar: We'll just have to try one at a time, eh!
(The first container is docked off.)
Cesar: Not this one, CJ!
(The second container is docked off.)
Cesar: No luck, CJ, try another!
(Once the correct car, usually the third one, is unloaded, the security also arrives.)
Cesar: OK, CJ, this is the one, good work, holmes!
Security: Hey! What the fuck do you think you're doing?
Cesar: CJ, I could do with some help!
Security: Hey, hold it right there!
Cesar: I could do with a little help, CJ!
(Carl kills two waves of security.)
Security: Stay right there, you thieving bastard!
(Once Carl kills the security, the two try to escape.)
Cesar: Let's just the get the car and get out of here!
(They hop in the car and start driving back.)
CJ: There gotta be an easier way of earning a living than this.
Cesar: Sure, holmes, I guess, but what else are you qualified for?
CJ: Yeah, I feel you!
Cesar: (if Carl damages the car) Hey, CJ! We get paid on the condition of the car, holmes! Be more careful!
CJ: Who's driving, me or you?
(The duo finally arrives at the garage.)
Cesar: That was like a piece of tortilla!
The rewards for this mission are increased respect and cash. The cash reward will depend on the condition of the car, with the maximum reward amount being $10,000; it is thus recommended that players repair the car at a Pay 'n' Spray before delivering it to the Doherty garage in order to maximize their monetary reward.
- Dropping any of the containers from great heights will result in the car inside the container exploding on impact with the ground, destroying the car and the container. Regardless of which container is dropped, the player automatically fails the mission, as Cesar flees the scene.
- After obtaining the car and confronting the arriving security guards, the player can make use of the crane to lift a car or container and drop it over the guards to kill them (even the magnet alone can be used); crushing the guards' cars using dropped containers may also lead to them to explode and damage those standing nearby. However, this method proves to be more tricky with the second and third wave, as Cesar will leave the protection of the stolen car to shoot the guards, exposing himself to gunfire and sustain injuries more rapidly.
- Unlike other stolen cars in the Wang Cars mission string, a Jester will not spawn in the Wang Cars showroom after this mission. Instead, a Savanna will appear.
- The Club, Perennial, and Jester, which were uncovered from the shipping containers during the mission, would later be available for purchase as basic importable vehicles on the import board.
- Since transcript dialogues in the mission contain references to Grove Street Families leader Sean "Sweet" Johnson's imprisonment, it is necessary to play this mission before Home Coming, after which playing this mission would be useless. Also, since Carl has some idea of Sweet's condition, it is possible he may have learnt about it from undercover government agent Michael "Mike" Toreno, which is only possible during Interdiction. Hence, the correct order of playing the Tierra Robada and Wang Cars mission strands would be:-
- Playing the missions in the above order will allow Carl infinite and uninterrupted time to date all of his four potential girlfriends to 100% achievement, as well as time to complete various side missions and increase the statistics, giving way to 100% completion. This essentially allows for the player to obtain a mastery over the upcoming challenges that follow Verdant Meadows.
Cesar driving the Jester out of its container.
Dockside security arriving and apprehending Cesar.
CJ helping Cesar hold off the guards.
CJ and Cesar dropping the Jester off at the garage.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|