Madd Dogg's Crib
Initially the home of musician Madd Dogg (which Kendl Johnson claims is a place of sex and drugs), the mansion is a large two-story home with a terraced design, featuring wide spaces, a large number of rooms (the mansion is stated by Madd Dogg to have 19 bedrooms), lavish decors, and multiple facilities.
The mansion is first featured in "Madd Dogg's Rhymes", when the player is required to sneak into the mansion and steal Madd Dogg's rhyme book's on behalf of OG Loc. As Madd Dogg's career deteriorated, the mansion was taken over by Big Poppa, a Los Santos Vagos chief, until the player reclaims it for Madd Dogg during "A Home in the Hills", from which point the mansion becomes a save point. Until completion of "A Home in the Hills", the mansion remains inaccessible outside "Madd Dogg's Rhymes".
The mansion may have been inspired by MC Hammer's large former mansion in Northern California. It also has very similar decor to a mansion Ice-T displayed on MTV Cribs (Madd Dogg being voiced by Ice-T and likely a parody of him as well).
Amenities and pickups
Besides serving as a save point (the save icon is located on the uppermost end of the mansion's interior), Madd Dogg's Mansion boasts a large variety of facilities, interactive or otherwise, upon completion of "A Home in the Hills".
The interior of the mansion features:
- An indoor swimming pool and a private gym (complete with a basketball court) are located at the lower end of the mansion's interior;
- A lounge/living room, complete with a large bar on the western half and an entertainment system on the eastern half (with a thermal vision goggles pickup and a CJD 500 game console that allows the player to play "They Crawled from Uranus");
- Madd Dogg's private music studio and records room;
- A private office/study room;
- A second lounge;
- A dining room;
- A main hall, where a night vision goggles pickup and two arcade machines ("Duality" and "Let's Get Ready to Bumble") are located;
- A kitchen (connected to the main hall), where a heath pickup is available;
- A second living/study room (connected to the main hall); and
- Five bedrooms (contrary to Madd Dogg's claim that it has 19 although there may be more behind some closed doors) and a music/study room on the upper floor; the second room to the east spawns armor.
Outside, the mansion also sports a helipad where a Sparrow may spawn after reclamation of the mansion, and features a second outdoor swimming pool on the second terrace (where an oyster can be found); a Kart will also spawn at the lower entrance after "Cut Throat Business".
Despite featuring three garage doors, the player cannot save vehicles at the mansion, although a random vehicle will spawn in front of the garage doors. Also, there is no wardrobe found in the mansion.
- Upon saving, a bug will render the basketball courts found throughout the state to be unusable. This is because saving here will remove the basketballs from the courts, though sometimes saving here doesn't disable basketball.
- Saving here may also prevent the player from working out at gyms. When trying to use equipment, it will say that the player has worked out enough even if one hasn't worked out in a long time, but, like in the earlier case with basketball, this also may not happen.
- The interior and exterior layouts are completely inconsistent. The first floor extends too far south on the interior version, overlapping the courtyards on the exterior version. The ceiling height for the southeastern foyer is a whole level taller from inside than out, and the 2nd floor hallway leading to the bedrooms is not represented on the outside at all.