Not So Fast
|Not So Fast|
Tony informs Luis about the diamond deal at The Libertonian.
|Game||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Target||Retrieve the Diamonds|
The Buzzard is destroyed.
|Unlocked by||...Blog This!|
Not So Fast is a mission in The Ballad of Gay Tony given to protagonist Luis Fernando Lopez by Gay Tony from his apartment at the Little Italy district of Liberty City or the Hercules nightclub. It ties in with Museum Piece of Grand Theft Auto IV and Collector's Item of The Lost and Damned. This mission takes place from Luis's point of view, in which he ambushes the diamond exchange between Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz, and the Jewish Mob.
In this mission, Luis escapes via helicopter while Niko and Johnny fight goons in the right and left hallway, respectively. Luis drops down from the scaffolding and chases after Isaac Roth after killing several guards and Mori Green during the deal. Isaac hides under the table from Luis. After making Luis an offer, Isaac is knocked unconscious by the butt of his rifle and Luis makes it to the roof, where he takes Yusuf's gold-plated Buzzard to safety after dealing with three police choppers.
Upon completion, the player is awarded the Diamonds Forever achievement/trophy.
- The Jewish mobster who attempts to shoot Luis in the cutscene has a Pump Shotgun, but the shotgun lying on the ground afterwards is the Combat Shotgun.
- Just like from Johnny's and Niko's point of view, it is possible to kill the other protagonist, although Luis can kill both of them. However, you fail the mission if either of them die, despite them being enemies.
- Niko was animated with a different running style during his appearance in this mission. It is the same animation that Brucie and Roman take when on friend activities.
- You can kill Issac, but doing so will fail the mission as this causes a paradox in IV's storyline.
- Niko can be heard shooting an SMG and Johnny shooting an Assault Shotgun during this mission.
- This is the first time this event was seen in a different cinematic point of view, as camera angles were edited to show what Luis was doing while Niko and Johnny tried to sell the diamonds.
- Luis' dialogue was re-recorded for this cutscene, much like in I luv LC.
- Before climbing the ladder to escape the museum, you can hear both Niko and Johnny's war cries.
- If you have a Carbine Rifle or an M249, it will be replaced by the AK-47 after the cutscene when busting the deal.
- In GTA IV, Johnny´s bike (the earlier Hellfury was retconned here by Johnny's Hexer) is standing next to the door Johnny uses to exit. However, there is no helicopter on the roof of the museum.
- This mission is probably the easiest way to obtain the Police Maverick. Just kill the officers and take it. You will, however, fail the mission, since you have to get in the Buzzard.
- In the opening cutscene, Tony makes reference to Gracie's absence saying "Where the fuck is Gracie? She's supposed to meet me here." This could mean the first half of the GTA IV mission I'll Take Her had already taken place.
- Luis has the highest wanted rating after escaping the Libertonian. You'll hear the police dispatcher send an FIB team after him.
|Time||Time taken to complete the mission.||0:04:35|
|Player Damage||Damage attained by the player.||20%|
|Helicopter Damage||Damage attained by the helicopter.||80%|
|Characters||Characters | Luis Lopez | Gay Tony | Ray Bulgarin | Gracie Ancelotti | Category|
|Content||Features | Radio content | Safehouses | Trailers | Vehicles | Weapons|
|Gameplay||Achievements/Trophies | Cheats | Missions | Nightclubs (Maisonette 9 and Hercules) | Seagulls|
|Plot Related||Diamonds | Heroin | Impossible Trinity (Museum Piece, Collector's Item, and Not So Fast)|