Palomino Creek is a moderately sized town appearing in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It is located in the northeastern portion of Red County, San Andreas. As indicated by its town signs, the town has an estimated 6,836 residents circa 1992.
Due to the town's small size and density, the majority of Palomino Creek bears mainly low-rise residential homes, with the occasional small businesses; neither is the architecture of the vicinity spectacular, consisting of very basic, functional structures. Unlike similar neighboring rural towns such as Montgomery or Blueberry, Palomino Creek does not concentrate industrial complexes and businesses, which comprises of only a few clusters of shacks and simple block structures. Geographically, the entirety of the town is situated on a plateau, with a relatively high elevation but largely flat terrain.
However, several notable geographical features surround the town; Hanky Panky Point, a lookout said to be popular among amorous teenage couples and voyeuristic onlookers, is located directly northeast of the town; Palomino Creek also overlooks Fisher's Lagoon to the southewest, which is accessible via a dirt path on the western end of the town
The country folk flavor and atmosphere of the vicinity like any other small towns within Red County contrasts to the dangerous, gang-ridden areas of Los Santos, less than a mile away.
Palomino Creek prominently features several gameplay-important locations. Players can purchase a safehouse in the town for $35,000, and the town houses an Ammu-Nation gun store as well as a Well Stacked Pizza restaurant. In addition, Palomino Creek has a local bank, which is a target for robbery in "Small Town Bank".
Other minor landmarks worth discussing are non-interactive but quirky in nature. The town boasts a "Drive-Thru Confessions", complete with a drive-thru facility, as well as an accompanying chapel and a small graveyard. The town also features a library, where a snack vending machine can be found outside.
- Bub's Hardware
- Dick's Sounds
- Discount Furniture
- Drive-Thru Confessions
- Dry Cleaning
- General Store
- Jazz Mags
- Library: Features a snack vending machine
- Little Lady
- PayDay Loans
- Raimi Realty
- Carl Johnson (if the Palomino Creek Safehouse is purchased)
- Scott Wilson (buried at the "Drive-Thru Confessions" church's graveyard sometime before 1992)
- Molotov Cocktail: On the roof of the Library.
- Sawn-off Shotgun: Behind the wall opposite to Jazz Mags.
- Shovel: In the Drive-Thru Confessions graveyard.
- Body Armor: Between a house and a garage in the northeast part of town.
- Two Oysters: On pier in Fisher's Lagoon beach and under the bridge that leads to Montgomery.
- Two Unique Stunt Jumps: On each side of the broken wooden bridge.
- Beat the Cock! starting point on Fisher's Lagoon's beach.
- The default radio station around the vicinity is K Rose.
Palomino Creek layout and position as depicted on GTA San Andreas' in-game map.
Palomino Creek safehouse, GTA San Andreas.
Palomino Creek Ammu-Nation, GTA San Andreas.
Palomino Creek Well Stacked Pizza restaurant, GTA San Andreas.
The Bank in Palomino Creek, GTA San Andreas.
Drive-Thru Confessions, GTA San Andreas.
The Library in Palomino Creek, GTA San Andreas.