The Rifle is a basic lever-action repeater rifle featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Hitting the aim button with this won't invoke an auto-target reticule, but instead skips straight to a free-aim mode. Given its lack of a lock-on feature and slow reloading, one might think it is rather pointless to use. However, with a per-bullet damage rate behind only to the sniper rifle, minigun, and desert eagle (at Gangster level and up), it does earn its keep in the hands of a decent marksman. The rifle is based on the Marlin Model 336.
In The Truth's mission Body Harvest, Carl Johnson needs to rob a Combine Harvester from The Farm, just north of The Truth's farm in Leafy Hollow. The workers will start shooting Carl with rifles and attacking with shovels.
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Near a pool of a house west of the Mulholland Safehouse
- Back o' Beyond, Flint County - On a rock formation
- Foster Valley, San Fierro - Near the southwest corner of Corvin Stadium
- Available to buy at any Ammu-Nation store for $1,000 upon completion of Body Harvest.
- The Rifle has three weapon skills defined in the game's files, however only one is used in the game.
- Lacks the cocking animation. Instead, a cocking sound is played and the shooter just stands still until it's ready to fire again. And to add it up, no shells were ejected in each "cock".
- The Rifle's game model name is
cuntgun, short for "country gun."