"Outdoor knife for all-purpose, heavy duty use. perfect for those who need a rugged knife. Includes black leather sheath. Model S-2938."
-Vice City Bureau of Investigation description.
The Knife in GTA San Andreas.
The Knife is a melee weapon in the Grand Theft Auto games.
The knife is a moderate melee weapon that takes up the 'melee' weapon slot. Using the primary attack button will inhibit a slash style attack, the player can also use the alternative attack button to do a stabbing style attack. In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas only, the player can do a stealth attack that does not attract unwanted attention.
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas the knife is a key weapon in many missions in the game such as Madd Dogg's Rhymes, Amphibious Assault, The Da Nang Thang, Dam and Blast, and Vertical Bird. If the player is aiming behind an opponent, he will execute a stealth attack that quietly slits the victim's throat, useful when the player is trying to avoid detection and doesn't have a Silenced 9mm. The Knife only produces a one-star wanted level when used to stealth kill a police officer or a civilian if the wanted level ever triggers upon performing the act. Strangely, the 10-code for stealth kills is actually the same as for shootings (10-37).
The GTA IV rendition of the Knife resembles the knife portrayed by Sylvester Stallone in the Rambo movies, and is similar in size and shape to the Buck-184 Buckmaster survival knife. It can be purchased from Little Jacob for $100. Although silent kills like in GTA San Andreas are not in the game, 5 to 6 strikes with the knife will kill an opponent, and it will not warrant the player a wanted level.
Some GTA IV players favor the Baseball Bat over the Knife due to higher damage, but the slower attack speed is a opening for the target to return attacks. With the Knife, it is possible to kill a target without him being able to recover at all.
- GTA Vice City
- GTA San Andreas
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- GTA Vice City Stories
- GTA IV
- South Slopes, Broker - Can be found in an alley to the south of Hickock St.
- Rotterdam Hill, Broker - A Knife is at the far end of an alley south of Brucie Kibbutz's apartment off Asparagus Ave, and another Knife is in the alley behind Jermaine Andrews' apartment building on Mohawk Ave.
- Schottler, Broker - Can be found in an alley north of Cayuga Ave.
- Charge Island - Can be found on the Bohan/Algonquin to Charge Island off-ramp of the east Borough Bridge, past the tollbooths.
- South Bohan, Bohan - Can be found in a gated section of land off Attica Ave, stuck in a tree.
- Bohan Industrial, Bohan - Can be found in the southernmost garage near the pier, resting on a car body. This Knife is near a Unique Stunt Jump.
- Algonquin and Bohan - Can be found in the center on the north pedestrian walkway of the Northwood Heights Bridge.
- Middle Park West, Algonquin - Can be found next to the parking lot where Niko acquires Bryce Dawkins' Infernus after completing all of Bernie Crane's missions.
- Middle Park, Algonquin - Can be found at the far end of the subterranean rest area, near the restrooms where Luca Silvestri is shot in the mission Meltdown.
- Tudor, Alderney - Can be found just off the northbound on-ramp to the Plumbers Skyway, near a decrepit building and some unused railroad tracks. Alternatively, a parking lot is also next to the location, with some scaffolding which the player can easily climb.
- GTA V
The knife can be purchased at Ammu-Nation in Los Santos and Blaine County.