"Nothing says "I've made it in this town" a like a N.O.O.S.E armored personnel carrier, equipped with a 360-degree rotatable turret and explosive ordinance."
- Official website description.
|LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY
National Office Of Security Enforcement
Seal of the NOOSE.
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Liberty City, Liberty State
Los Santos, San Andreas
|United States Secretary of Security Enforcement
|Law Enforcement Agency
|Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz, Luis Fernando Lopez, Huang Lee, Ray Bulgarin, Kenny Petrovic
|LCPD, FIB, Ray Bulgarin (formerly), LSPD
|NOOSE Cruiser (GTA IV Era)
NOOSE Patriot (GTA IV Era)
Enforcer (GTA IV Era)
Annihilator (GTA IV Era)
FIB SUV (GTA V)
Sheriff SUV (GTA V)
Police Riot (GTA V)
Police Maverick (GTA V)
|No named members
The National Office Of Security Enforcement (NOOSE) is an high-end law enforcement organization in the HD Universe. In Grand Theft Auto IV, it fulfills the roles of both the Military and SWAT units seen in previous GTA games. In Grand Theft Auto V, although the Military has a presence in the game, they do not actively engage the player during a wanted level unless the player is within the perimeter of Fort Zancudo, leaving NOOSE as the highest level threat in normal situations.
NOOSE is based on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and has two known divisions: the Patriotism and Immigration Authority, based on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and the Tactical Response Unit, based on the U.S. Border Patrol Tactical Unit.
GTA IV and EFLC
NOOSE is called upon to assist the police when the player has a wanted level of at least 4 stars, before the FIB. Patriotism and Immigration Authority officers are largely similar to the LCPD's in behavior, weapons, appearance and mannerisms. Tactical Response officers, however, are designed to appear as fully equipped tactical squad units, with heavy armor and weaponry.
NOOSE's vehicle fleet consists of modified Police Cruisers, Patriots, Enforcers, Annihilators, and Armored Personnel Carriers. The NOOSE Cruisers and Patriots are exclusively driven by Patriotism and Immigration Authority officers, while the Enforcers and the APCs are used solely by the Tactical Response Unit. The Annihilator may appear with occupants from either division, depending on who is pursuing the player on the ground.
NOOSE officers start to appear at wanted levels of 3 stars as air support in Police Mavericks. Police helicopters have two sharpshooters on board armed with Carbine Rifles, and shoot at the player and their getaway vehicle. At 4 stars, NOOSE officers start to assist the LSPD, Los Santos County, and Blaine County Sheriff's Departments on the ground. NOOSE comes 3 to a vehicle either in FIB SUVs if the player is within the Los Santos city limits or Sheriff SUVs if the player is in the remote areas of San Andreas. Additionally, 4 NOOSE officers can rappel from Police Mavericks to engage the player on the ground at 4 stars and above.
NOOSE are typically armed with Carbine Rifles, Pump Action Shotguns and SMGs. In The Ballad of Gay Tony, some NOOSE units are also armed with Assault SMGs and Automatic Shotguns. This weapon combination is very deadly; Carbine Rifles to take the player out at long range, Shotguns for short range and SMGs for medium range. If NOOSE agents have their weapons shot out of their hands, then they will pull out Pistols and continue to engage the player. NOOSE units are protected with Body Armor nearly doubling their endurance. In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, NOOSE agents are equipped with Micro SMGs. In helicopters NOOSE units will fire on the player with Carbine Rifles. In The Ballad of Gay Tony however, they will use the Advanced MG instead. In The Ballad of Gay Tony missions Corner Kids and Not So Fast, they are also known to use Rocket Launchers.
- After the suspect is killed or arrested, NOOSE Officers will remain in the area combat readied for at least 5 minutes real-time. This is true to reality, as SWAT Officers and other law enforcements are trained to remain at crime scenes in case there is another potentially dangerous suspect.
- Tactical Response officers are well protected with body armor and don't lose health very quickly. Despite being more resilient to damage, Tactical Response officers are slightly less accurate than FIB Agents. Even with body armor, like all pedestrians, a single headshot instantly kills them.
- Agents always use good cover (e.g. behind a car, behind a wall, inside their helicopter).
- Tactical Response officers usually move together as a unit and pursue the player more aggressively than LCPD officers on foot.
- All Tactical units are always in a crouched position making it harder to get a headshot.
- Like the FIB, NOOSE Units will sometimes disappear off camera when the player has no wanted level.
- Tactical Response Unit officers have a signature walking style, known as "
move m@swat", in which they will walk in a crouched position, and will position their hands as if they were holding a Carbine Rifle, even after the player has lost his or her wanted level.
- NOOSE teams will also hide in unseen places to capture the suspect when he/she is off guard.
- Indoors, a NOOSE officer's footsteps can be clearly heard and distinguised from other police forces due to their fast movement. This can be used effectively to anticipate the NOOSE officer's approach.
- GTA IV
- The Lost and Damned
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- GTA Chinatown Wars
A "NOOSE Enforcer" in GTA Chinatown Wars
One of the NOOSE officer models in GTA IV (Note the gas mask)
Another NOOSE officer with an M4A1 and a balaclava
A NOOSE agent with his M249 in a helicopter
A NOOSE officer equipped with tactical helmet and goggles
Another NOOSE member
A NOOSE officer aiming his Ithaca 37
A NOOSE team manning a roadblock in GTA IV.
The NOOSE headquarters in Los Santos County, GTA V.
- A noose is a type of self-tightening knot, most commonly known for the Hangman's knot used in public hangings. A reference to the Hangman's knot is the one is depicted on the eagle's shield within the NOOSE seal.
- NOOSE's seal is a combination of the seals of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Agency. The primary design (color scheme, border, and eagle) is based on the DHS seal, while the shield and key the eagle is holding is similar to the NSA seal.
- The player may notice that the insignia of NOOSE on the NOOSE Cruiser and NOOSE Patriot is labeled "L.C N.o.o.s.e". This is likely a nod toward GTA III's FBI Car which had its name similarly displayed as "Fbi Car".
- Although the APC in TBOGT bears "NOOSE Tactical Response Unit" labeling, it is never actually used by the NOOSE, apart from the mission Frosting on the Cake.
- If the player throws a grenade under or near a NOOSE Enforcer it will not even try to move away from that area, which the normal Police cars would do.
- A NOOSE character model in a balaclava appears in a screenshot for GTA V. However this appears to be a placeholder.