(In-game, with lights)|
An Arachnid in GTA 2.
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door softtop coupé/convertible|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
The Arachnid is a car featured in Grand Theft Auto 2.
The car is a 2-door softtop coupé or convertible appearing as a mid-range 2+2 more suited for casual driving rather than for speedy travel. Bearing "Spider" as its internal name, the Arachnid's name is a play of "spider" or "spyder", alternate terms for a convertible roadster; "arachnid" is actually an umbrella term for joint-legged invertebrate animals that includes spiders. The car's has no clear source of inspiration, although it is speculated to be based on a 1958 Lancia Aurelia B24 Spider.
In terms of performance, the Arachnid is a good starter vehicle primarily suited for travel from point A to point B (in fact, the car is offered to the player as they begin at the Residential District's church), but is not practical for chases or timed missions. The car possesses a relatively average top speed, although the car accelerates, steers and brakes better.
- In front of the church's entrance in Morton, upon starting a new game at the Residential District. This particular Arachnid is unique for its ability to knock aside other cars better than other Arachnids, but retains the same level of vehicle health, meaning that the car is very likely to be destroyed faster after several collisions.
- At a parking lot southwest of the Morton, Residential, church.
- At a parking lot several blocks west of the Scientist Clone center (or its remains) in Largo, Residential.
- At a parking lot near the southwest corner and (two) on the east side of the Largo shopping mall in Residential.
- At a parking lot north of the church in Tedium, Industrial.
- At a parking lot in Tedium, Industrial, two blocks west from the Tedium church.
- At a parking lot in Krimea, Industrial, northeast of the Tedium car shop and east of the Tedium police station.
- Northwest section of a parking lot in Gonad, Industrial, two blocks east of the Sennora police station.