mobster of the Gambetti Family
Meadows Park, Dukes
Little Italy, Algonquin;
|Italian-American Mafia Family
United Liberty Paper
Sports PMP 600
|Knife, Pistol, SMG, Uzi and Combat Shotgun
|Labor Unions, Construction, Business, Bus Lines, Cleaning, Tender, Windows, Dry Cleaners
|Jon Gravelli (Deceased)
The Gambetti crime family are the strongest and most-powerful of the Liberty City Cosa Nostra families and on the Commission in Grand Theft Auto IV, led by Jon Gravelli since 1978. They are based in Broker, Dukes, and Algonquin. They are most likely the strongest crime syndicate in Liberty City. It is unknown if they also control parts of Alderney but this is most likely not because their rival, the Ancelotti Family controls parts of Alderney along with the Pegorino Family. It is likely a very big organization, but with many unknown members. Their known gang cars are all black, suggesting that black is their gang colour. This is yet unproven. They have shown big support to Niko Bellic by bringing Darko Brevic into the country. This, however was possible with some help of the head of the United Liberty Paper
Members and associates
- Jon Gravelli - Former Don of the Gambetti family. Was critically ill and had resided in the Schottler Medical Center for the last three years. Died in 2008 (after the final mission of GTA IV).
- Sammy Bottino - Gravelli's right hand man, and Underboss until he went into hiding because he is wanted for a murder in Vice City.
- Roy Zito - Gravelli's top advisor and Consigliere since Bottino went into hiding. Likely took over the family after Jon Gravelli's death.
- Sonny Cangelosi - Former Boss of the Gambetti family until his death in 1978.
- Jon Gravelli, Jr. - Jon Gravelli's son. He's been disowned after he developed a cocaine addiction, but is still taken care of by the family. According to the LCPD database, he is in custody.
- Antonia Bottino - Sammy Bottino's daughter. After Sammy Bottino was arrested and copped a plea deal in 2011, she moves from Liberty City to southern San Andreas; however, she is nearly buried alive until either Michael De Santa, Franklin Clinton, or Trevor Philips intervenes.
The Gambetti family is based on the real life Gambino crime family, widely regarded as the second most powerful and respected mafia family of New York City. They help Construction Unions for business as well as the Messina Family, but having a dislike of some sort for the Ancelotti Family. It's possible their favorite cars/vehicles of choice are the Washington, Lokus, and Coquette.