Vice City Bureau of Investigation file description
The TEC 9 is a light submachine gun appearing in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. The TEC 9 fires in a very slow rate of fire, holding 50 shots in the magazine. However, it deals the same amount of damage as the Micro-SMG and Micro Uzi (20 points of damage). It is commonly used by gangs. When the Hitman skill level is reached in GTA San Andreas, the TEC 9 can be dual-wielded. The dual-wielded TEC 9s are extremely lethal, with a much faster rate of fire and higher accuracy and range.
The TEC 9 is a cheap open-bolt handgun manufactured in the United States between 1980 to 1994 by Intratec. It is based on the Carl-Gustav M/45 submachine gun, more commonly known as the "Swedish K". Originally it was designed as a low-cost alternative to the M/45, but never found a military market. Not wanting to abandon the idea, Intratec put semi-automatic versions onto the civilian market. It gained infamy after criminals found the open-bolt design to be easily convertible to be fully automatic.
HUD icon in GTA Vice City (PC/console version).
HUD icon in GTA San Andreas.
HUD icon in GTA Liberty City Stories.
A Tec-9 in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
The Intratec TEC-9 in real life.
- When the "Pedestrians have weapons" cheat is on, some pedestrians will be seen carrying Tec-9's.
- GTA Vice City
- Vice Point - Behind a house near the end of the cul-de-sac across the bridge west of The Well Stacked Pizza Co.
- In Vigilante missions, criminals can use the Tec-9 against the player.
- GTA San Andreas
- Ganton, Los Santos - On the roof of Sweet's house in Grove Street
- Ganton, Los Santos - Inside the Johnson House after spraying all 100 Gang Tags
- Los Santos International Airport, Los Santos - Underneath a flyover, next to a parking lot
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Behind a European-looking house
- Las Colinas, Los Santos - Beside a wired fence
- Blueberry, Red County - Beside the northernmost infrastructure in Blueberry
- Battery Point, San Fierro - Under the Gant Bridge, just behind The Pleasure Domes Club next to the right column
- Calton Heights, San Fierro - Behind a house and beside a tree, near the church
- The Mako Span, Las Venturas side - Underneath the bridge, near the edge
- GTA Liberty City Stories