Rear quarter view)|
A Voltic in Grand Theft Auto V (hardtop variant).
GTA V |
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door supercar|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Coil (HD Universe)|
The Coil Voltic is an electric supercar featured in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.
The Voltic is a convertible electric supercar based on the Tesla Roadster and Lotus Elise/Lotus Exige, the former of which is also based on the latter. The Voltic, being fully electric, does not switch gears, much like the real-life Tesla Roadster. The Voltic also takes a few design cues from the Hennessey Venom GT, especially the front. Unlike its real-life counterparts, the Voltic is front-engined. The Voltic may also be based on the Detroit Electric SP:01 and the Porsche 918 Spyder.
The Voltic, as mentioned before, is a convertible, and as such, can spawn from one of these types:
- With a hard top roof (Hardtop)
- With a carbon fiber roof
- Without a roof (Topless)
GTA V, final game (Rear quarter view).
According to Legendarymotorsport.net, the Voltic has a 290 hp (213 kW) lithium ion battery unit. The Voltic is rear-wheel-drive, with a specially-tuned single-speed transmission which directly drives the rear wheels. It has the highest acceleration power in the game, beating even that of the Zentorno (reaching 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds). However, it performs poorly in other aspects. The Voltic has really good handling compared to other vehicles in the "Super" class, attributing to its lightweight construction (weighing only 1,030 kg). However, the low curb weight also poses a problem for the Voltic: it suffers from being pushed off the road by heavier vehicles like the Entity XF and Osiris. Furthermore, the Voltic has the lowest top speed of all supercars in the game, coming in only at 120 mph (193 km/h); however, being an electric car, this is due to the fact that the battery may overheat if the car goes very fast, and if the battery were to overheat, the car would then be rendered unusable. The Voltic is front-engined, leaving it vulnerable to being disabled from head-on collisions that damage the front end of the car. Also, the car has a low durability; its body panels can be deformed and detached rather easily, as well as the wheels capable of being bent and locking up.
Being an electric vehicle, the engine is rather inaudible, even at high speeds or accelerating with a handbrake. In fact, the engine is only audible for as long as the vehicle is mobile, and is cleary noticeable with the radio turned off and in a very quiet area of the state.
- Can be purchased from legendarymotorsport.net for $150,000 (Hardtop) or $172,000 (Topless).
- Usually found in the Kortz Center parking lot in Pacific Bluffs.
- Sometimes found in the Air Theater's parking lot in East Vinewood Hills.
- Sometimes found in a parking lot north of Los Santos International near the trail next to the road that leads away from Los Santos Customs and past Trialthon.
- Can also be found in the parking garage near your getaway vehicle when configuring the hold-up final for the mission The Big Score.
- Parking lot of Marlowe Vineyards.
- The Voltic's name may be inspired by the plug-in hybrid GM Voltec powertrain.
- The Voltic is the very first electric supercar in the Grand Theft Auto series.
- By contrast, the Turismo R is the first hybrid supercar in the Grand Theft Auto series.
- The Voltic, purchasable for $150,000 with a hardtop roof, is the cheapest "Super" class car in the game.
- The Voltic's default radio stations are FlyLo FM and Soulwax FM.
- A jerry can cannot cause the Voltic to explode, but the fires left behind by either jerry cans or Molotov Cocktails will eventually kill the battery and render the car unusable.
- Although this car is based on the Lotus Elise, the Voltic's name may be inspired from its electric-driven descendant, the Tesla Roadster (the Voltic's manufacturer refers to Nikola Tesla, the inventor of the Tesla coil, while the Voltic's name may refer to the Tesla Roadster's status as an electric sports car).
- Also, in real life, both the Lotus Elise and Tesla Roadster are built on the same platform.
- The Voltic can go just as fast backwards as it can forwards. This is because the electric motor is directly linked to the wheels.
- The Voltic is one of the fastest straight-line accelerating vehicles without upgrades, outrunning the Entity XF and Adder. This is due to electric cars having high amounts of torque upon starting the engine, and because the single-speed transmission has been specially tuned to optimize acceleration.
- The Voltic, being a fully electric vehicle, lacks an internal combustion engine of any kind, and as such, it cannot have a turbo upgrade installed.
- Despite being a single-transmission car, a six-speed gearbox is hidden inside, most likely a designer oversight.
- There may have been a planned non-electric version of the Voltic.
- After the v1.17 patch, if the primary color is altered at Los Santos Customs, the hood will still be the original color.
- This has been fixed in the enhanced version of the game.