(Rear quarter view)|
A Virgo in GTA Vice City.
GTA Vice City |
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Capacity||2 (driver and 1 passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Dundreary (HD Universe)|
GTA Vice City — GTA Vice City Stories
Between GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, the Virgo is depicted as a luxury two-door American coupe, resembling a 1977–1979 Mercury Cougar, combined with a 1977-1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V. The side windows, front end and bulge on the trunk resemble the Cougar; the taillights resemble those of the Continental Mark V, albeit with some lights missing.
In terms of color choices, the Virgo may come with a variety of colors for the vinyl landau depending on the body color, including black, brown, cream, white, or in GTA Vice City Stories' case, the same color as the body's.
GTA Vice City (Rear quarter view).
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view).
GTA Vice City Stories (Rear quarter view).
In GTA IV, the Virgo (with a Dundreary brand) has its main influences swapped, resembling more closely a 1977-1979 Mark V (minus the opera windows) with only headlights more similar to a 1977-1979 Cougar. The taillights are reminiscent of a 1979 Ford Thunderbird, the rear is also quite similar to the Remington from GTA San Andreas.
GTA Vice City — GTA Vice City Stories
The Virgo between GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories possesses generally average performance credentials, with moderate acceleration, responsive steering, and a mediocre top speed. Its weight and crash endurance are unremarkable.
The Virgo in GTA IV is most likely powered by a high-output V6, coupled to a 5 speed gearbox in RWD configuration. Acceleration is very poor, due to its weight and underpowered engine. Top speed is adequate, though not exceptional - 135 km/h (84 mph). Handling is above average, with the Virgo cornering at full speed quite well; the suspension, however, is far too soft, often leading to heavy body roll and massive oversteer. Braking is slightly below average, and ABS is available, but not very common. Crash deformation is below average, as is engine build quality; it cannot survive many direct hits before failing. Overall, this vehicle is better suited to city cruising than high-speed applications.
In GTA IV, Little Jacob drives a uniquely colored maroon-and-black Virgo which he uses to deal and transport firearms from the trunk. Little Jacob's Virgo is available to the player in "Concrete Jungle" and "Russian Revolution." In both missions, the player can take it to his parking space and complete the mission in another car. Little Jacob's Virgo is also seen at the unnamed Suffolk church in "Mr and Mrs Bellic", but is unobtainable as the game triggers a cutscene when the player nears the car.
The one Jacob has when the player buys weapons from him is locked, but it can be obtained. When you arrive at Jacobs location, immediately kill him, then push the car to a safehouse. Jacob will call a while later to ask you to pick him up from the hospital. However, there is another way that is harder to do. If you buy guns from him, and he gets back in the car, follow him and keep ramming the car. If you get lucky, the car's engine will stall, and not catch fire. Jacob will then just get out of the car. It is recommended to push it to a safehouse with a Firetruck as the car is not very durable, and the hose can put out the fire if it catches on fire. This way, you won't have to pick Jacob up from the hospital.
Customization in GTA San Andreas
The Virgo in GTA San Andreas can be modified at a TransFender, which offers a moderate range of customizations for the car:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- "Virgo" is Latin for "virgin" or "virginity", and is also used to refer to an astrological sign and a constellation.
- A cut vehicle model left over in GTA Vice City called the "Cougar" further indicates that the vehicle is based on a Mercury Cougar. The only difference between the "Cougar" prerelease vehicle and the regular Virgo is that the former retains the full set of taillights from the Lincoln Continental Mark V.
- The Virgo cameos in a picture from Starkweather's mansion in Manhunt. Several safehouses in GTA San Andreas have the same picture hanging on the wall (the picture was originally a prerelease screenshot for GTA Vice City).
- In GTA IV, the Virgo emits the same engine and horn noises as the Bucanneer.
- The Virgo plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- GTA Vice City
Driving lower-end cars increases the chances of making the car appear more often.
- GTA San Andreas
- Sometimes found around east areas of Los Santos.
- Spawn around Hashbury, San Fierro.
- Spawn more often once the Beater/Junk Car traffic cheat has been activated.
- Occasionally found around Rockshore West, Las Venturas.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- On a driveway in a housing complex just south from the Washington Mall construction site, Ocean Beach.
- In a parking lot near the east entrance of Escobar International Airport.
- GTA IV
- Spawn around Northwood, North Holland and East Holland, Algonquin.
- Spawn around Beechwood City/Schottler, Broker
- Spawn around Acter, Alderney.
- Spawn around Alderney City, Alderney.
- Vice City Crime Tree. Rockstar Games. official GTA Vice City website
- Prerelease screenshot of the Virgo in GTA Vice City