|GTA Vice City.|
GTA Vice City |
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Also known as||Cuban Jetmax (GTA Vice City)|
|Body style||2-seat speed boat|
2 (GTA Vice City — GTA Vice City Stories)|
4 (GTA IV)
Grotti (GTA IV)|
Shitzu (GTA V)
The Jetmax (also known as the Cuban Jetmax in GTA Vice City) is a go-fast boat available in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and Grand Theft Auto V.
The Jetmax is one of the fastest boats in GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA IV, but in GTA Vice City Stories, the Jetski beats its speed. The Jetmax is referred to as the "Cuban Jetmax" in GTA Vice City, affiliating the boat with the Cuban gang and occasionally appearing in a number of missions where Cuban gang members are present. In addition, the Jetmax is designed in GTA Vice City to appear in only a red and yellow paintjob, but assumes a wider range of colors in games after. The Jetmax in general is distinguishable by its large back-mounted supercharged engine, connecting dual exhaust pipes and jet-only propulsion; these features were removed in the GTA IV rendition of the boat. The GTA San Andreas rendition of the Jetmax is also given a "Jetmax II" designation at the back of its hull, similar to has been done with the Squalo.
The Jetmax's capabilities are evidenced by its use as a reward for certain actions or missions. In GTA Vice City, the Jetmax is unlocked by purchasing the Boatyard. In GTA San Andreas, Carl can unlock the boat by achieving all gold medals at the boat school.
The Jetmax is referred by police radio chatter as a Grotti boat in GTA IV.
The Cuban Jetmax is the speediest boat in GTA Vice City, outclassing the Squalo in terms of acceleration and top speed (despite the claim that the Squalo is the fastest boat in "The Fastest Boat"). In addition to possessing more raw power than the Squalo, the boat is also largely aided by its rear-heavy weight distribution, slanting the boat upwards; this allows the boat to be launched into the air more easily than the Squalo while in motion, reducing friction and improving speed. Minimal contact with water also allows the boat to be controlled more easily, especially when the throttle is applied and the boat is forced into the air. These advantageous design elements were retained for the GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City Stories renditions of the Jetmax.
The Jetmax's in GTA IV, however, feature more even weight distribution and a more traditional hull design, grounding the boat to the water and hampering its raw power. As a result, the boat, while still fairly fast, is now less agile and slower than the more streamlined Squalo. The Jetmax in GTA Chinatown Wars serves as a mid-to-high range speedboat that can travel fairly fast, although it cannot match the speed of the Cruiser or the agility of the Dinghy or Wet Ski.
- GTA Vice City
- Docked at the Boatyard after it has been purchased. Activates "Checkpoint Charlie" when entered.
- GTA San Andreas
- Found in Bayside Marina after all gold medals have been achieved in Boat School .
- Docked at the pier in Rockshore West, Las Venturas.
- Docked at the pier in Palisades, San Fierro.
- Under Gant Bridge, Bayside end.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Docked at the pier at Ocean Beach.
- GTA IV
- Dial 938-555-0100 to spawn a random Jetmax. Doing so blocks the "Walk Free" Achievement/Trophy.
- Usually found parked next to the Reefer, next to a ramp, near the Hickey Bridge.
- Found commonly in the waters of Liberty City.
- The boat you chase in the mission Buoys Ahoy is a Jetmax.
- In GTA San Andreas, the default radio station is K-DST.
- In GTA IV, the default radio station in the Jetmax is The Vibe 98.8.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, the player is supposed to steal a Jetmax to get on the yacht in the mission Sexy Time.
- Despite being in the same universe, the Jetmax is manufactured by two different companies, being Grotti in GTA IV and Shitzu in GTA V.