Rear quarter view)|
A Deluxo in GTA Vice City.
GTA Vice City |
GTA Vice City Stories
|Vehicle type||Sports car|
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Capacity||2 (driver and 1 passenger)|
The Deluxo is sports car featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
The Deluxo is based on the DeLorean DMC-12, although various differences may be noted, including taillights more reminiscent of Ferrari's dual circular taillights from many of its 1970s and 1980s models, headlights similar to those of a Renault Alpine GTA/A610, a wider spectrum of body colors, and most notably, it does not feature gull-wing doors, a famous feature of the DeLorean DMC-12.
GTA Vice City rendition (Rear quarter view).
GTA Vice City Stories rendition (Rear quarter view).
The Deluxo's performance is generally good. The car is one of the fastest in both games, but has a top speed that is still inferior to those of the the Infernus or the Cheetah; the car also emits the same V8 engine sound as the Infernus. The car's handling is also equivalently good, with responsive braking and steering, and four-wheel drive that mitigates spinouts. Like other sports cars, however, the Deluxo is fragile, and will not stand up to a large number of crashes.
- Although the Deluxo does not feature taillights similar to the DeLorean DMC-12's, the texture map from the Deluxo in GTA Vice City features taillight textures based on those on the DeLorean, hinting that that light design was dropped during development of the game.
- In GTA Vice City, the Deluxo plays the radio station Wave 103 by default when entered.
- The trip skip icon used in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas features the side profile of a Deluxo. The car is otherwise absent in-game. It may be a reference to the film series Back to the Future, which features a DeLorean-based time machine.
A Deluxo visible on GTA San Andreas' trip skip icon.
- GTA Vice City
- Parked inside Sunshine Autos after completing the first list for the import garage.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Found at InterGlobal Films (sometimes appears in place of the Stinger).
- Parked in front of Gonzalez's apartment at Ducum Inn.
- Parked in Washington Beach near the bridge going to the fairground.