Helena Wankstein is a rural girl who lives on a farm in Flint Range, Flint County and meets Carl Johnson beside the Ammu-Nation store in Blueberry, Red County, shooting some targets on a deck. If Carl's sex appeal is high enough, she may then become his girlfriend. She is a lawyer by trade but is enthusiastic about guns.
Helena is voiced by Bijou Phillips.
- She is normally home between 00:00-2:00, 8:00-12:00, and 14:00-0:00.
- Food Date
- Dancing Date
Carl can take Helena to either the club in Idlewood, Los Santos (Alhambra) or Queens, San Fierro (Gaydar Station), but the Alhambra remains a better solution since it's closer, despite both clubs being fairly away from Helena's house. However, it is better to date her when Idlewood belongs to the Grove Street Families, as the Ballas can shoot Carl and Helena on sight.
- Driving Date
Helena likes Carl to drive fairly slowly in rural areas (such as around her farm) or nice parts of town. Driving around her fields will suffice for this date.
- The rewards for dating Helena include access to her tool shed, which includes: a chainsaw, a flamethrower, Molotov Cocktails, and a pistol.
- At 50% she gives Carl the keys to her Bandito, but even without having the keys, Carl can still steal it, since it has no doors.
- At 70% Helena will ask Carl in for coffee.
- At 100% Carl gets the Rural Clothes.
- A known glitch (especially on PS2 version) is that sometimes, if the player hasn't met her yet, she will deliberately attack CJ while they exchange their introductory chatter. It remains possible to date normally with her if Carl manages to survive the flurry of bullets, though, as retaliating to death will cause Helena to die and she may become impossible to date.
- Sometimes the red marker to start a date will not be visible during regular dating hours (often caused by waiting on her property). Helena can still be picked up for a date by parking in the general location of the marker.
- When the player starts to date Helena, she will introduce herself, despite meeting her at the shooting range and not saying her name.
- If the player stands in front of Helena when she is at the shooting range, she will keep shooting the player as if he was not there.
- If the player modifies the pedgrp.dat file to include gangsters in the countryside (e.g. San Fierro Triads), any gangsters who hear Helena's gunfire may leave their vehicles and attempt to kill her.
- Helena's surname is a wordplay on the phrase "wank stain".
- Helena is one of two lawyer girlfriends in the Grand Theft Auto series, the other being Niko Bellic's optional girlfriend Kiki Jenkins.