Rear quarter view)|
The Hakumai in GTA IV.
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
The Dinka Hakumai is a four-door sedan found in Grand Theft Auto IV.
With Dinka being the in-game parody of Honda, the Hakumai's exterior is appropriately, an amalgamation of two different late-80s Hondas; the third generation Honda Accord, and the third generation Honda Prelude. The body style resembles the 4-door Accord, with slightly modified turn signals, while the taillight cluster is similar to that of the Prelude's. It is the only car in GTA IV to feature functioning hidden headlights, although there is no actual animation for them popping out, and as such, they appear to "spring" out instantly when turned on.
GTA IV (Rear quarter view).
The Hakumai is actually fast, like a real Accord, despite that, according to its badging, it has only a 1.4 liter (4-cylinder) engine, like the Blista Compact. Its steering is heavy, considering its size and weight, but is fairly capable of maintaining traction after a sharp turn and avoiding tailspin, due largely to its front wheel drive. It has a top speed of 145 km/h (90 mph). Unfortunately, the Hakumai is not durable; the car's engine will begin to emit smoke after three to four serious collisions.
The car may be sold at Stevie's S&M Auto Sales for a maximum of $1,500 (in perfect condition) after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts in GTA IV.
A modded Hakumai is present in GTA IV, with a red paint job, body kit, spoiler, and a double tipped exhaust. It is driven by the Albanian Mob, and can usually be found late at night in Little Bay. Regular Hakumai's may also appear with added fog lights, these however don't work.
- The Hakumai shares color scheme, engine sound, and drive layout with Blista Compact and Futo.
- The two default radio stations in the Hakumai are Electro-Choc and Radio Broker.
- The name of the car means "rice" in Japanese. This may be a reference to the term "rice burner", as the Accord is a popular car to modify.
- The Hakumai has a unique distorded horn.
- In The Lost and Damned, Hakumai's are used in the gang wars by the Albanian Mob
- The Hakumai is set to spawn in Boulevard, Cerveza Heights, City Hall, East Island City, Fortside, Bohan Industrial, Northern Gardens, South Bohan, Steinway and Willis in Liberty City, although it rarely spawns outside Little Bay.
- The Albanian Mob variant can be found around Little Bay, the Albanians' territory. It is easier to find it on Flanger St.
- One consistently spawns during Ivan the Not So Terrible on a Hickock St. corner.
- Once seen spin out in traffic at the mission Meltdown.