- This article is about the car. For the manufacturer of the same name, see Willard (manufacturer).
(Rear quarter view)|
A Willard in GTA San Andreas.
GTA San Andreas |
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Manufacturer||Willard (GTA IV)|
The performance of the Willard in GTA San Andreas is as expected from a standard sedan. The car's engine is moderately powerful, and as such has average speed and high-climbing capabilities. Its steering, however, is very unbalanced, as at high speed it can go from understeering to oversteering instantly due to its awful suspension.
The GTA IV rendition of the Willard is powered by what feels like a high-output 4 or 6 cylinder engine, paired to a 4 speed gearbox in a FWD configuration. The Willard possesses an average top speed of 135 km/h (84 mph), but suffers from horrible acceleration, especially uphills, and often taking a long time to even get close to top speed. The Willard has great handling, but tends to smoke it's tires a lot while turning and takeoff. Overall, the Willard can be thought of as a slower Hakumai, but stronger and more luxurious.
Customization in GTA San Andreas
The Willard in GTA San Andreas can be modified at a TransFender, which offers a moderate range of customizations for the car:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- According to the GTA San Andreas vehicle chart, the car may be named after the movie of the same name as "it squeaks and it's hard to get rid of".
- Like the Primo in GTA San Andreas, the Willard in GTA San Andreas experiences a headlight bug where the headlights do not correctly illuminate if one of them is broken; breaking the left side headlight shuts off illumination of both headlights, while breaking the right side headlight does not shut off illumination of the right headlight.
- The Willard has a unique horn in GTA IV, the sound seems similar to Intruder and Taxi horn, but more distorted. It can also be heard at certain points of the city ambiance in the game.
- The Willard in GTA IV is the only car to be made by the company of the same name, thus being known as the "Willard Willard".
- The Willard in GTA IV features a "door ajar" chime audible when the driver's door is open in a quiet location.
- After collecting all thirty cars for Stevie in GTA IV, a Willard may be sold at his garage for $1,800.
- The Willard plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- Driven by Dardan Petrela in GTA IV, which features a unique beige color. Featuring during "It's Your Call" and "Bleed Out", it can only be obtained during the latter.
- Driven by Derrick McReary in GTA IV.
- GTA San Andreas
- Usually found in Los Santos. You can also see them driven on the Los Santos-San Fierro freeway on the southern and western edges of Flint County and the western edge of Whetstone.
- Sometimes driven around Red County, specifically in Palomino Creek and Dillimore.
- GTA IV
The Willard in GTA IV is notably rare, owing largely to the fact it does not spawn in traffic as frequently as other vehicles. If it does appear, however, the car can be found in the following areas:
- Around Meadow Hills, Dukes, the Hove Beach/Firefly Projects area of Broker, and Little Bay, Bohan.
- In southern Alderney.
- During the mission Pegorino's Pride.
The car's frequency of appearance is more common in The Lost and Damned.