Tagging Up Turf
|Tagging Up Turf|
Sweet hands Carl Johnson a spray can.
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Target||Enemy gang tags|
|Location||Ganton, Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Unlocks||Cleaning the Hood|
Tagging Up Turf is the third storyline mission and first central storyline mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by his brother, deuteragonist and Grove Street Families leader Sean "Sweet" Johnson from his house in Grove Street, Ganton, Los Santos, San Andreas.
Sweet and childhood friend Melvin "Big Smoke" Harris are playing basketball as Carl arrives. After the game, Sweet questions Carl's statement that he's back on the set for good. To prove this, Sweet has Carl try to spray over enemy gang tags around Los Santos.
Sweet and Carl enter Sweet's Greenwood and drive over to a Ballas gang tag in Idlewood. Sweet sprays over it, while Carl proceeds and sprays over two other tags nearby before entering Sweet's car. They now head to East Los Santos, also Ballas territory. Carl is left alone and he sprays the Grove Street gang tag over three more Ballas tags before Sweet returns with his Greenwood precisely as Carl finishes his work. The two drive back to Grove Street. Once there, Sweet gives Carl money as a reward before deciding to split up.
(Smoke and Sweet are playing basketball in a backyard on Grove Street, with the former playing the dribble.)
Sweet: C'mon, fat boy. C'mon, fat boy. Fat boy - look at you, look at...
Big Smoke: Yeah, yeah, watch out, fool... Watch this, watch this... (laughing)
(Smoke scores a slam dunk as Carl is approaching.)
Sweet: (sees Carl) Look who's here, it's running man. What, you think you back on the set?
CJ: I told you that, bro.
Sweet: Your word don't mean shit around here.
CJ: C'mon, man, gimme a break.
Sweet: We gotta go hit up the hood.
Big Smoke: (approaches them) Hey, CJ.
Sweet: Let them know you're back on the set. The Johnson brothers are rolling again. (hands him a spray can) Take this paint and go hit shit up. Start with our own set first.
Big Smoke: (just as Carl is about to leave) Later on, we'll spread out and take the whole hood back.
Sweet: You already spreading out, fat man. Now let's play. (they proceed to the basket as Carl leaves) Now see what you got, pork chop.
(When Carl is about to leave, he is stopped by Sweet, just as Smoke parts ways.)
Sweet: Hey, wait up!
CJ: Thought you'd hang with your brother, huh?
Sweet: Aw, ease up little man, c'mon, it's been difficult. You wanna drive?
CJ: Yeah, for sure.
(Carl and Sweet enter Sweet's Greenwood and drive away, arriving in Idlewood.)
Sweet: Watch for those rollers as I tag this up.
(Sweet sprays the GSF tag over a Ballas tag on the side of a bridge in Idlewood.)
Sweet: There's another two Balla tags in the hood. You go get 'em and I'll keep the engine running.
(Carl sprays the two tags and returns to Sweet's car.)
Sweet: C'mon let's cruise into Ballas territory.
(Carl and Sweet arrive in East Los Santos. Sweet drops off Carl.)
Sweet: You hit this up here, and I'll go up and do another hood.
(Carl tries to spray a tag in the alleyway beside, but two Ballas members spot him.)
Balla 1: Hey, what the fuck?
Balla 2: Get that fool!
(Carl sprays the tags and Sweet comes driving to Carl.)
Sweet: CARL! QUICK, GET IN!
(Carl enters the car.)
Sweet: Get us back to the hood, CJ!
(The brothers return to Grove Street.)
Sweet: Like riding a bike, ain't it, boy?
CJ: Yeah, it all comes back.
Sweet: How you doin' on the feddy?
CJ: I'm kinda short, you know. C.R.A.S.H. took all my paper, man, left me with nothing but small change.
Sweet: Here, get yourself a beer or something. (gives Carl some money and they hug) I'll catch up with you. (leaves)
Post-mission Phone Call
Jimmy: Carl, it's officer Hernandez.
Jimmy: Officer Hernandez. I work with Tenpenny and Pulaski.
CJ: Oh, the bitch! What the hell you want?
Jimmy: Hey, show me some respect, boy!
CJ: Go fuck yourself, you just stay bitch.
Jimmy: You watch your tongue, boy. Now listen, I've got a message from Officer Tenpenny. Don't try and leave town. That would be a big mistake. You hear me, we're watching you.
CJ: Whatever you say, bitch!
- If the player has already sprayed over the six tags underlined in-fro before the mission, they will become undone and will be deducted from the total number of sprayed tags until resprayed over again.
- During the cutscene where Sweet drives away in his car to spray other tags, he is in the passenger seat rather than the driver's seat.
- When Sweet drops off Carl to respray the tags, he mentions that he is going to spray some more tags in another territory, yet once he drives off he can be seen in the middle of the cul-de-sac in Ganton, now in the driver seat.
- A post-mission phone call from C.R.A.S.H. recruit Jimmy Hernandez actually proves why the player is likely to attain a four-star wanted level in the initial segment of the game anywhere outside Los Santos and Red County.
- It is possible and best recommended to spray all 100 tags in this mission, as the infinite spray serves good support. The best way is to proceed to and start from towards the tags in Santa Maria Beach and Rodeo after being dropped off in East Los Santos, and thus move eastward. Once 97 of 100 tags are sprayed this way in total, the player can safely proceed for the last 3 tags designated in the mission.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|