Harvey Noto is the Don of the Messina Family, having took power in a long and bloody power struggle. He was believed to have met his consigliere, Harry Hall through the prostitution he ran through hotels like the Majestic and Opium Nights. It's likely he is based on Bonanno Boss Joseph "Big Joe" Massino, who turned the family around with the help of John Gotti becoming the third strongest in New York City and who the FBI closed in on.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Harvey
Place of Birth: Dukes, Liberty City
Affiliations: Messina Crime Syndicate
- 1958 - Grand Theft Auto
- 1960 - Loansharking
- 1960 - Extortion
- 1965 - Extortion
- 1970 - Possession Controlled Substance: Intent to Sell
- 1982 - Manslaughter
- Head of the Messina Crime Syndicate.
- Reported to be plotting the murder of Mark Anthony Volpe, a capo in his organization he believes to be a police informant.
- The actual informant in his organization, Fredo Volpe, has collected evidence on Noto that should lead to a Federal Racketeering conviction.
- Believed to have transformed the Messina Crime Syndicate from one of the least powerful in Liberty City to a dominant force on the commission.
- Despite rivalries, believed to be a close friend of Jon Gravelli.