|Mrs P Pegorino As New Don|
|Full Name||Mrs P Pegorino As New Don|
Mrs P Pegorino Jimmy|
Jimmy the Peg
Jimmy the Guido
|Date of Birth||1957|
|Place of Birth||Alderney City, Alderney|
|Date of Death||2008|
|Age at Death||51|
Angie Pegorino (wife)|
Deceased son (suicide)
Don of the Pegorino Family |
Honker's Gentlemen's Club (owner)
|Voiced by||Tony Patellis|
The way they look at us, we're bottom feeders! Always have been. We
ain't a real family to them - just a bunch of Guernsey goombas.
Jimmy talking to Niko Bellic.
James "Jimmy" Pegorino is a character in the HD Universe appearing in Grand Theft Auto IV. He is the boss of the Alderney based Pegorino crime family prominently featured in Grand Theft Auto IV. He starts out as a boss for Niko Bellic, but is set up as either the main or secondary antagonist depending on the game's ending choice.
Jimmy Pegorino was born in 1957 in Alderney City, Alderney. His father was the leader of the Pegorino Family, an Italian-American crime family that was highly disrespected by Italian-American Mafia crime families from Liberty City. Jimmy was first arrested for theft 3 times in the mid 1970s, between the ages of 16 and 19; This is presumably because his father showed him tough love by putting him at risk and making him earn his position in the family. He married Angie Pegorino as early as 1984 (when she would have been 18), and they had a son.
Taking control over the family
Eventually, Jimmy took control over the Pegorino Family and took it to a new level. He desperately wanted to join The Commission, although his family was still weak and no family had ever been given a new seat since the original five families founded it. He sought to impress them by improving his own family, allowing the Pavano Family to operate in Alderney and anonymously weakening the Ancelotti Family (hoping none of the five would realize it was him and distrust him). He learned that a leader shouldn't place value on his employees until they either impress him (like Phil Bell) or, ironically, become a threat to him because of their over-ambition (like Ray Boccino).
In his personal life, he and Angie were physically and verbally abusive of their son and he eventually committed suicide. Pegorino then accepted his bodyguard Anthony Corrado as a son in nature, having forged a father-son like bond with him since before his real son's death. Corrado was born in 1980 and was indeed young enough to have been Pegorino's son, but the age difference between the two is unknown. The relationship was complete with the same level of abuse Pegorino gave his own son, which he saw as natural parenting and could possibly relate to Pegorino's own upbringing.
In 2008, Phil recommended hired-gun, Niko Bellic's services to Pegorino. During Niko's first job with Pegorino, the Pavanos betrayed Pegorino, Niko successfully rescued him and reclaimed his stolen peace offering. Niko was later told to attack a Pavano meeting at the Auto Eroticar dealership, and that he could keep any cash he finds on the mobsters as payment.
Very soon after, the police began thoroughly investigating his "businesses", leading Pegorino to believe that several of his employees had become police informants. Pegorino initially suspected Niko and at one point -taken momentairily by paranoia- aimed a shotgun at him, but was convinced otherwise and then ordered him to kill Anthony Corrado. Corrado, who was confirmed to have worn a wire, suffered a heart attack after Pegorino threatened him over the phone, but survived and received police protection in the hospital until Niko eliminated him. Believing several other members had turned states, Pegorino ordered Niko to kill Ray Boccino (Pegorino briefly considered killing Phil instead, but had more trust in him).
Ending of Game
In the game's finale, Pegorino orders Bellic to take part in a heroin deal with Niko's nemesis, Dimitri Rascalov. Niko was obsessed with taking revenge on Dimitri and rightfully did not trust him, but was promised a great deal of money. Niko is unsure whether to comply and be paid or take his revenge, and his final decision is left to the player.
Pegorino allies himself with Dimitri in either case, and Phil Bell leaves the family to live a safe life in a small town. He attempts to have Niko killed at his cousin's wedding even if he loyally follows orders, and a close friend of Niko's is accidentally killed (which differs in either scenario). Pegorino is eventually shot and killed.
- If Niko accepts the deal, he is betrayed by Dimitri as expected. A hired assassin targeting Niko accidentally kills Roman Bellic at the wedding. Niko tracked down the duo with help from Little Jacob, right before Dimitri betrayed and killed Pegorino, saying he "didn't work this hard to share the spoils of a victory". Dimitri was chased down and killed by Niko on Happiness Island soon after.
- If Niko rebels and kills Dimitri, Pegorino's organization takes a serious blow. He personally attempts to kill Niko at the wedding, and accidentally kills Kate McReary. Niko tracked down and killed Pegorino with help from Roman and Little Jacob. After chasing and shooting him down, Niko told him that the Commission thought he was a "fat fucking joke". Jimmy then raises his gun for a final stand but is shot dead.
- GTA IV
- Pegorino's Pride (boss)
- Payback (boss)
- Flatline (boss)
- Pest Control (boss)
- That Special Someone (voice only)
- One Last Thing (boss)
- If the Price is Right (boss, voice only)
- Mr. & Mrs. Bellic (revenge ending)
- A Revenger's Tragedy (deal ending, killed by Dimitri)
- Out of Commission (revenge ending, killed by Niko)
- Anthony Spoleto (hired Gerald McReary to kill him to disturb the Ancelotti/Albanian relationship. Under LCPD watch, Gerald hired Niko Bellic)
- Frankie Garone (hired Gerald McReary, and Gerald hired Niko Bellic)
- Anthony Corrado (hired Niko Bellic to kill him for being a rat)
- Ray Boccino (hired Niko Bellic to kill him for being a suspected rat)
- Kate McReary (revenge ending, accidentally killed in an attempt to kill Niko Bellic)
LCPD Database record
- Surname: Pegorino
- First name: Jimmy "Peg"
- Age: 51
- Place of birth: Alderney City, Alderney
- Affiliations: Pegorino Crime Syndicate
- Criminal record
- 1973 - Grand Theft Auto
- 1974 - Possession Stolen Property
- 1976 - Armed Robbery
- 1979 - Grand Larceny
- 1981 - Promoting Gambling
- 1985 - Hijacking
- 1988 - Manslaughter
- 2005 - Racketeering
Wanted For: Racketeering
- Head of the previously small time Alderney based Pegorino Crime Syndicate which he took over from his father.
- Attempting to control rackets being run by the five Algonquin families but his power is questionable.
- Main associates are Phil Bell and Ray Boccino.
- Ties to Irish American hoods such as Gerald McReary in Dukes.
- Lives in Alderney with his wife, Angie.
- Owns the Honkers Gentlemen's Club in Tudor.
- During the game's final battle in the Revenge ending, Pegorino, just like Dimitri in the Deal ending, has 100% body armor, as well as 200% health (about twice as much health as a normal enemy), allowing him to sustain about three times as much damage as a standard enemy. However, he is only equipped with a pistol (unlike Dimitri who has a Carbine Rifle).
- His favorite radio stations are Jazz Nation Radio 108.5, The Journey and Fusion FM, suggesting his favorite genre is Jazz, and he will respond positively if it is turned on in a car, which is normal for Italian mobsters.
- Pegorino is possibly visually inspired from Phil Leotardo from the Sopranos, who was played by Frank Vincent, the voice actor for Salvatore Leone.
- In the PS3 and Xbox 360 version of the game, his suit can be bought in the Perseus stores although it is a different color.
- In the final missions, if you chose the "Deal" ending, Dimitri kills Pegorino by shooting him in the forehead with a pistol, and if you chose the "Revenge" ending, Niko kills Pegorino by also shooting him in the forehead, but with an AK-47.
- Jimmy mentions that The Commission think's of Pegorino's crew as "just a bunch of Guernsey goombas" implying that Guernsey City has crossed over from Grand Theft Auto 1 to the Grand Theft Auto IV Era (much like Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas). It may be a city within the Alderney State. Since only one island in the state is present in Grand Theft Auto IV and it's Episodes.
- In both endings, Jimmy is always shot in the head.