GTA IV |
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
|Full Name||Roman Bellic|
|Date of Birth||1977|
|Place of Birth||Yugoslavia|
|Date of Death||2008 (in Deal ending only)|
|Age at Death||31|
Albany Ave, Middle Park East |
Joliet St, South Bohan Liberty City
Mallorie Bardas (girlfriend, later wife)|
Niko Bellic (cousin)
Milica Bellic (aunt)
Unnamed mother (deceased)
Unnamed cousin (deceased)
Protagonist (GTA Online) (possible)
Vladimir Glebov (2008)
Black Roman's Taxi|
|Businesses||Bellic Enterprises (2008 - Present) in Revenge ending only|
|Voiced by||Jason Zumwalt|
- For other members of the Bellic family, see Bellic.
This killing must stop sometime, Niko. Once this is done, then you must
begin to forgive. Think about your future instead of the horrible things that have happened to you, to us, to all of us, in the past.
Roman Bellic talking to Niko Bellic.
Roman Bellic (Serbian: Роман Белић, Roman Belić) is a character in Grand Theft Auto IV and the 31-year old cousin of the game protagonist, Niko Bellic. Bellic was born in Eastern Europe in 1977 but moved to Liberty City in 1998, at age twenty-one. He later claims to be living the "American Dream" and that he has two women, four hot tubs and fifteen sports cars. This prompts Niko to join him in America, where Niko discovers he owns a small, gritty taxi firm, an apartment in Broker, and has large gambling debts, owed to the Albanians and Vladimir Glebov. Roman is also the boyfriend, later husband, of Mallorie Bardas, and the nephew of Milica Bellic. Roman has been arrested on two occasions: in 2005 for promoting gambling and in 2006 for public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
|Spoiler Warning: Plot and/or ending details are in the text which follows.|
Roman Bellic was born in Yugoslavia. He and his cousin Niko grew up together since their fathers were brothers and they lived next to each other. Niko claims that mostly Roman’s mother raised both of them when the war came, she used all of the money she had saved to send Roman to the United States of America. She also wanted to send Niko to the U.S., but he stayed to fight in the war. In a conversation with Kate McReary, Niko says that he found Roman's mother raped and murdered, although Niko told Roman that she died in a house fire. In conversations between Niko and Roman and other characters, it is revealed that both Niko's and Roman's fathers were alcoholic, wife-beating bullies.
Grand Theft Auto IV
When Niko arrives in Liberty City, he soon finds out that Roman is heavily in debt with various figures in the city, including the Russian and Albanian Mafias, due to his gambling addiction and his attempts to support his taxi depot. Roman employs his girlfriend Mallorie at his taxi depot; although he is unaware, she is having an affair with Vladimir Glebov. Niko kills Dardan Petrela and beats up Kalem Vulaj and Bledar Morina, three Albanians, when they attempt to collect their money. When Roman finds out about Mallorie's affair with Vlad, he is upset, and Niko confronts and kills Vlad for him. Vlad's death causes Roman to become paranoid because he fears retaliation from Faustin. His fears proved to be well founded. He and Niko are later kidnapped on orders from Mikhail Faustin. Faustin shoots Roman in the stomach because he was screaming, but Roman survives. This leads to Niko doing a couple jobs for Faustin such as killing Lost member Jason Michaels. After Niko kills Faustin for Dimitri Rascalov, Rascalov and Ray Bulgarin betray Niko, burning down his apartment in Hove Beach and Roman's taxi depot. Roman moves into Mallorie's apartment in Bohan, where he also opens another taxi depot with the insurance money he receives from the fire in the first one.
Roman later has a "cold streak" in his poker games, leading the Russians to hire Johnny Klebitz with the help of Malc to kidnap him, taking him to a warehouse in the Bohan Industrial of Bohan. The Russians hope that they can kill Niko when he tries to rescue Roman. Niko would later rescue him. After his cousin rescues Roman, he continues betting. This time he wins a lot of money, changing his taxis from Esperantos to Cavalcades and buying a penthouse in Algonquin, telling Niko they are finally going to live the dream.
Towards the end of the storyline in GTA IV, Niko has to decide if he will kill Dimitri in revenge for his betrayal or work with him again in a heroin deal for Jimmy Pegorino. Roman urges Niko to forget revenge and work with Dimitri, considering the large amount of money he could receive for his work. He tells Niko he would be able to afford a great honeymoon with Mallorie and that maybe him and Niko could take a private jet to Vice City.
If the player strikes a deal, Dimitri will betray Niko again during the mission and afterwards, will send an assassin to kill Niko at Roman's and Mallorie's wedding. Niko will fight the assassin, but in the struggle, Roman is inadvertently shot and killed. After Niko kills Dimitri before the Statue of Happiness with the help of Little Jacob, Mallorie will reveal that she is pregnant with Roman's son.
If Niko decides to get revenge on Dimitri, Jimmy Pegorino will be furious about his business being ruined. During Roman's and Mallorie's wedding, Pegorino will attempt a drive-by shooting, killing Kate McReary, Niko's love interest. After Niko kills Pegorino, Roman will tell him that Mallorie is pregnant, and that if it's a girl, her name will be Kate. (Since Roman is unaware of the gender already being male as of yet)
After Grand Theft Auto IV
Niko Bellic's Lifeinvader page can be seen on Jimmy De Santa's laptop in Grand Theft Auto V. A few of his friends can be seen to the side, Brucie Kibbutz, Little Jacob, and Roman Bellic. This means that Roman is still alive, and the Revenge ending mission is the canon, therefore Roman Bellic is alive, and Kate McReary is deceased by the end of GTA IV. This is known because Lifeinvader did not exist in Grand Theft Auto IV and beforehand. It is presumed to have been founded by Jay Norris sometime between 2009 and 2013. Roman's cab company is mentioned once in Grand Theft Auto V, with Tavell Clinton (Franklin's unseen cousin who had moved to Liberty City six months before the events of GTA V) describing it on Lifeinvader as the worst taxi company in Liberty City. This is possibly because of the rudeness and constant complaining of Mohammed, Roman's main cab driver. As of 2014, Roman is aged 37, being only one year older than Niko. It is assumed that him and Mallorie now have a son, who would be five years old.
|Spoilers end here|
- Niko can call Roman at certain points throughout the story to hear to his input on Niko's work.
- After getting his relationship with Roman high enough, Niko can phone Roman to send a taxi to take him anywhere in the city for free.
- Roman drives a black taxi named Roman's Taxi from his depot, which is a custom Esperanto.
- Roman is voiced by Jason Zumwalt, who posted a video on YouTube stating that he was not receiving any fame or credit for his role, and set up a program called "Rent Roman". For a fee, he would come to your house and play GTA IV with you for one day. Later, Zumwalt explained that the video was only a joke.
- Roman has apparently gained a fair amount of weight since Bernie Crane last saw him, which implies he has not always been of large build, though Bernie admits he is still "kind of cute".
- Roman's e-mail address is [email protected]eyefind.info.
- Roman is one of eight characters to make an appearance in the original GTA IV and both its episodic packs. The other seven being Niko Bellic, "Gay Tony" Prince, The Cook, Johnny Klebitz, Luis Fernando Lopez, Isaac Roth and Mori Green.
- Roman's favorite location for being picked up is near his Cab Depot and by sex shop from mission Do You Have Protection? in friendship activities.
- Roman's favorite radio station is The Vibe 98.8 as he may say things like "Wow, this is a Record!" or "This record reminds me of sex. Good sex!"
- Roman's favorite place to eat is Burger Shot, for his love for American fast-food restaurants.
- Roman watches internet porn, as he says, "Lord, I am sorry for all the women I've chased, the money I've spent, the internet porn..." when being kidnapped in Roman's Holiday. This may also be a reference to the fact that he appears outside the sex shop for friendship activities.
- Roman apparently smokes. If you arrange a friend activity, just before picking him up you can sometimes catch him taking a puff or two of a cigarette. It is unsure whether he is programmed in-game to smoke or if he is programmed to use pedestrian behavior, the latter is likely.
- Roman's cell phone is new and on the Whiz network. His previous phone, which he gives to Niko, is on the Badger network and has no camera or internet connectivity.
- The name "Roman" exists in Russian, Polish, Belorusian and Ukrainian first names. It is rare in Bosnian, Croatian, Montenegrin and Serbian first names.
- If the player takes Roman out to friend activities and the player parks his/her car near 2 cars, Roman may punch Niko and might even say "give me that car back!", but will not drive away and will just get out. This works on the Middle Park East and South Bohan safehouses.
- Oddly enough, if the player chooses the Revenge ending, Roman's voicemail will not change from when he was single and he will still go to the strip club with you if you ask him, however he won't ask you to go there with him once he is married unless it is nighttime.
- If the player chooses the Revenge ending and finishes the game and takes Roman on a activity, he may reference to Kate's death and tells Niko to stop mourning and enjoy life.
- Roman has a Lifeinvader page in 2013 as seen in Grand Theft Auto V on Jimmy De Santa's laptop.
- GTA IV
- The Cousins Bellic
- It's Your Call (Boss)
- Three's a Crowd (Boss)
- Bleed Out (Boss)
- Easy Fare (Boss)
- Jamaican Heat (Boss)
- Shadow (On the phone)
- Uncle Vlad (Boss)
- Rigged to Blow (On the phone)
- Crime & Punishment (Boss)
- Logging On (Boss)
- Roman's Sorrow (Boss)
- Out of the Closet
- Hostile Negotiation
- Weekend at Florian's
- That Special Someone
- One Last Thing (On the phone)
- If the Price is Right (On the phone, Deal)
- A Dish Served Cold (On the phone, Revenge)
- Mr. and Mrs. Bellic
- Out of Commission (Revenge ending only)
- The Lost and Damned
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
LCPD Database record
First Name: Roman
Place of Birth: Unknown
- 2005 - Promoting Gambling (Age 28)
- 2006 - Public Intoxication and Disorderly Conduct (age 29)
- Small time Eastern European business owner.
- Heavily in debt.
- Owns a livery cab service believed to be used by criminals for illegal purposes.
- Rumored to be a gambling addict.